Napoleon Prestige VS New Weber Genesis

He states both grills are made in North America. I though Weber moved to China for manufacturing their grills.

Also, that rotisserie burner on the Napoleon clearly is not heating evenly. It is much hotter on the left, than the right which is exactly what you are trying to get away from in the N/S grills.

That being said, it is hard to argue with his overall review and conclusion.

Watching all that, the only thing I prefer in those grills over the really old Genesis models is that Napoleon infrared sideburner sear station. That would be cool to have. The rest of it? Eh!

He states both grills are made in North America. I though Weber moved to China for manufacturing their grills.

Also, that rotisserie burner on the Napoleon clearly is not heating evenly. It is much hotter on the left, than the right which is exactly what you are trying to get away from in the N/S grills.

That being said, it is hard to argue with his overall review and conclusion.
I noticed the same thing with the rotisserie burner. I will have to check mine and report back.

Sure, all the points he made, but if the casters break on the Napoleon, it all falls down. Weber has better casters.

If I won a raffle and had a choice of either grill, I think I'd take the Napoleon.

I like the lighted knob showing a burner is on.
I like the side sear burner on the napoleon.
I think the rear sear is interesting, and would expect it to light evenly.

I think the rear sear is interesting, and would expect it to light evenly.
That is where I would be testing that Lifetime Warranty the guy was crowing about. If my brand new grill was like his demo grill, I would be on the phone with Customer Service.

Having seen both side by side in store, I couldn’t in good faith get the Napoleon. Yeah it’s got “oooo look at me” gadgets like lighted and color changing knobs and seemingly five sear stations, but it doesn’t seem better.

Guy is really weighing burners as a means of determining “betterness”🤣

The Napoleons have some funky things. Weird grates being number one on there. I’m less than impressed personally.

When I was able to get an older Napoleon for $300 I jumped through some hoops to get it. There is a thread on me tearing it down and restoring it. The only weakness I have found compared to a Weber is the drip tray. The one that came with it is stainless (not 304) and I had to buy another as it was full of pin holes from food acids never being cleaned. Weber's porcelain coated ones are way better. I now keep the new one covered in foil.

If the lifetime warranty has chops, that's impressive. It means they have confidence in their product. Except it may be full of holes. We'd need to look at the fine print.

Guy is really weighing burners as a means of determining “betterness”🤣
Yah, I thought the weighing burner tubes as a way to determine quality was kind of hokey.
You mentioned the cooking grates and when he picked up the ones on the Genesis, I thought, wow, those look like the economy 7mm SS Solid rod grates that I buy for flip grills. I would have expected something better from Weber on a nearly $1500 grill.

A local dealer here has both Napoleon and Weber. I'll have to go in and visit them again. I just need to remember to leave my wallet at home that day.

Don't get me wrong. If someone gave me $1500 to buy them good grills, I don't think I'd buy either one, but I'm kindof cheap sometimes..

Yah, I thought the weighing burner tubes as a way to determine quality was kind of hokey.
You mentioned the cooking grates and when he picked up the ones on the Genesis, I thought, wow, those look like the economy 7mm SS Solid rod grates that I buy for flip grills. I would have expected something better from Weber on a nearly $1500 grill.
Noticed that too. The Napoleon grates looked better to my eye. Not sure about the waive pattern but they seemed more substantial and I was surprised the reviewer didn't mention it.

Have to say. I don't buy a grill to travel around the yard. So the casters thing? Yeah, nice enough but not a deal breaker (or maker) to me. As for thinking it's funny he weighed the burners? Actually it's not. Signifies more metal in them = less likely to burn through. Also I may be wrong but the heat tents on the Nap looked like heavy SS while the ones on the Weber looked like enameled steel. As for the rear burner on the Nap, the device over the burner was NOT the burner but simply a grease shield. The actual burner was under it/behind it (whatever you prefer to call it) so the scorch area has nothing to do with how it will actually perform. I also don't think Weber is using 304SS on the grates. Good for them if they are but I doubt it.
I have seen the Nap in the flesh. And I definitely WOULD take it over ANY Weber (new ones). It is one stoutly built grill. (even without the lighted knobs). Hell, even without the side ear burner. Though in fairness I am comparing to the last design Weber not the current "new" product. Though hands down I would likely go for the $699 5 burner Member's Mark with lifetime satisfaction guarantee. While not as nicely made or feature rich as the Nap, IMO it's a darn cry better value than Weber

Have to say. I don't buy a grill to travel around the yard. So the casters thing? Yeah, nice enough but not a deal breaker (or maker) to me. As for thinking it's funny he weighed the burners? Actually it's not. Signifies more metal in them = less likely to burn through. Also I may be wrong but the heat tents on the Nap looked like heavy SS while the ones on the Weber looked like enameled steel. As for the rear burner on the Nap, the device over the burner was NOT the burner but simply a grease shield. The actual burner was under it/behind it (whatever you prefer to call it) so the scorch area has nothing to do with how it will actually perform. I also don't think Weber is using 304SS on the grates. Good for them if they are but I doubt it.
I have seen the Nap in the flesh. And I definitely WOULD take it over ANY Weber (new ones). It is one stoutly built grill. (even without the lighted knobs). Hell, even without the side ear burner. Though in fairness I am comparing to the last design Weber not the current "new" product. Though hands down I would likely go for the $699 5 burner Member's Mark with lifetime satisfaction guarantee. While not as nicely made or feature rich as the Nap, IMO it's a darn cry better value than Weber
That members mark one is great, I dont believe its avail it natural gas though :(

you mess up the NG gas conversion itll go BANG lol
I know full well. But, I have done so many now (and was taught the nature of using proper tools and gauges many years ago) that it's a non issue any more. But if I had $700 there are better things I want right now that DO go bang :D Like they're supposed to

Back