Nando's Peri-Peri on thighs

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
This stuff is BOMB. It's not hot at all even though the bottle says hot. Perhaps in another application? I used it as marinade

q9j33sn.jpg

W4BEeNe.jpg

hxhQhnG.jpg

pdxVDHX.jpg

I took a stab at my son's fried rice. Not as good as his, but not too bad

qTRlM81.jpg

Plated

AyKJUhN.jpg

I cooked this on the SmokeFire, I would like to do it again using my kettle with the vortex. I think having some crust would make it even better. Get's a 10 from me

Ingredients:

Water, Vinegar, Lemon (6%), Onion (6%), Salt, Spices (Cayenne Pepper, African Bird’s Eye Chilli, Paprika), Green Chilli, Sunflower Seed Oil, Garlic, Stabilisers (Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol Alginate), Preservative (Ascorbic Acid), Rosemary Extract

The African Bird's Eye Chilli is what makes the sauce so good. All the homemade recipes call for green peppers, so that's why I haven't bothered making my own yet. We have a Sprouts, I'm hoping I can get the chillis there

Tomorrow I BBQ the Trader Joe's Peri-Peri. I've had it before, but I think Nando's get's the win. Tomorrow will tell

Last edited:
Good looking chicken, Chuck, thanks for the update on Nando's! I actually found it on the shelf at my small, local grocery, but @$5.99/btl, I'll trek over to Target and see if I can find it there. How long did you go on the soak? A couple of days?

R

I started the marinade at 11AM Sunday and put the thighs on the SF at 5:30 tonight. I'm tempted to stab the chicken with a fork before marinading so that it gets in deeper into the chicken. The flavor is bomb. As a heads up, I put some on a chip right out of the bottle when I put the chicken in the marinade and it's no bueno. Needs to be cooked into the meat (imho)

Now try Nando's XX Hot and let us know how it goes.

Just ordered a 6-pack of the XX Hot 9oz bottles from FoodServiceDirect.com $39 with shipping, works out to $6.50 a bottle. Worth the price of admission (imho)

Yep, nando's is great.
Believe me, if you get to their restsurant/take away's their extra hot is pretty hot and my favourite ;)

Yep, nando's is great.
Believe me, if you get to their restsurant/take away's their extra hot is pretty hot and my favourite ;)
You're the one who got me hooked on Peri-Peri, Anne. There's so many versions of it here in the US, but Nando's is the only one with African Bird's Eye Chilies. And that's the secret to the sauce. I can't wait until the XX Hot order arrives

Back