Nahunta pork in North Carolina

RB Jr.

Any NC folks shop for pork at Nahunta? I'm in Raleigh and see that they have a location at the Farmer's Market. I'll be sure to check it out but looking for reviews from others. Any other recommendations for meat in the Raleigh area?

Thanks!

Nahunta probably sells the freshest pork products in NC. They are located in north-western Wayne County. They slaughter and package their pork right there. Very fresh.

RB -- It is too far to carry pork back to Charlotte, especially since we are leaving Goldsboro on the weekends when Nahunta is not open. Probably worth your while to ride down US 70 and follow the billboards. Probably will take you just about an hour one way; less if you drive like me!
icon_biggrin.gif

Steve -- the bride is from Dudley; the father-in-law has carefully explained to me (as it was explained to thim) if you eat BBQ outside of Wayne County, you will be disappointed. Well - varitey is the spice of life. Still, I think Wilbur's is the best commercial BBQ I have had.

I just moved to Wilmington from Raleigh after 15 years there - used to buy all my pork from Nahunta. Everything from fatback all the way up to whole hogs. I miss having fresh pork like that around here. I highly recommend them - even the outlet at the Farmer's Market - they drive it in fresh daily. My favorite is their fresh link sausage. Get some of the hot (mild just wasn't enough kick for me!) and throw it on the grill put it on a hot dog bun with some cheap yellow mustard - man that is good stuff! They even sell it in 10 pound boxes! Tailgating food extraordinaire!

I too love Nahunta and often stop by there from work for a lot of stuff. The farmers market is also a good deal. Just call ahead to see if they will have what you want. I do this for whole hogs and such when I need to pick on Sat. The farmers market is actually closer to my house than the Goldcity is.

Thank's for the feedback! I can't wait to go there. I'll get enought to give my Foodsaver a good workout.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back