Mystery Part: Can you identify it?

Wow, you guys got right to the bottom of the mystery. And that makes sense, because I have a couple Genesis side burners (and junked one more). With that manual to follow, I guess I can't make any excuse for not using if I install one of my side burners on a project.

So, I have a spare. If someone really does want one, let me know.

I didn’t want to create a new thread since this one already serves my purpose…

Does anyone know what this is on this Silver B?
I couldn’t find it in the schematic…but even as a likely “custom mod” I have no idea what purpose it’s supposed to serve. C94ED975-A4A1-4567-BB8A-E96CB6166C88.jpeg92151775-1CDC-4B93-88EC-CA9F660BC2D1.jpeg

I didn’t want to create a new thread since this one already serves my purpose…

Does anyone know what this is on this Silver B?
I couldn’t find it in the schematic…but even as a likely “custom mod” I have no idea what purpose it’s supposed to serve. View attachment 59980View attachment 59981
Holds a rotisserie motor so the motor can turn the spit

Yah, there are some aftermarket roto's that cant an an angle like that. Nothing wrong or bent about that. Just need to find the roto to fit it.

I stand corrected!

Speaking of roto mounts, I recently replaced my hood Corvus pins with stainless. I should replace the roto mount fasteners with stainless too.

that is up to you. I have never had trouble removing a roto mount from one of my rehab grills. But for a special personal grill, it would not be a bad think.

I've been using a dab of copper antisieze on the bolts. Might use a little on the hinge pins.

Yah, they are bolts with nuts on the inside. They are very similar to the bolts in the lid end caps and the lid handle. In fact, they are probably the same as the end cap bolts and weber just went with them rather than using regular hex bolts as a cost saving/parts saving measure.
I was at my Son's last night and he had a roto bracket laying on his work bench from a roto that I had given him. It had those same bolts, but they were Stainless. They were shiny anyway and I assumed they were stainless.

They have tiny ridges radiating out from the center I believe. They do not have the square section like carriage bolts do. Once these things get slightly loose, the whole thing tends to spin which is a PIA if they are really gummed up or rusty.

Back