my worst and the ugly...

Sometimes no matter how hard you try you are not going to win.
Do boneless breasts and thighs for her. Do yours with the bones and everybody should be happy . Right?

Tony - pre meal tequila for the adults seems to make everything taste a little better! Seriously, some great suggestions here and best thing is to keep trying! I stick with wings...wife loves em.

Sometimes no matter how hard you try you are not going to win.

Bob is right on this one. I tried to win this battle too but I did not lose either, I call it a draw. When ever I make a tri tip, prime rib or any kind of roast like that I cook it to med rare and then when I pull the roast and let it rest I place a CI skillet on the grill and when she gets her slices she can put them in the pan and make jerky if she wants to with her slices. She is happy and I am happy. I do this at all Family functions too. Some in our family think if its not dry its not done. Go figure.

Bob is right on this one. I tried to win this battle too but I did not lose either, I call it a draw. When ever I make a tri tip, prime rib or any kind of roast like that I cook it to med rare and then when I pull the roast and let it rest I place a CI skillet on the grill and when she gets her slices she can put them in the pan and make jerky if she wants to with her slices. She is happy and I am happy. I do this at all Family functions too. Some in our family think if its not dry its not done. Go figure.

Thanks guys... I had a few raza friends come over and made rib eyes. After I served them I had some saying it was still raw and requested I put in the grill because they don't want to get sick... I made them perfect.. But I can't win them all. When they come again I just get carne asada and they want it well done aka "quemadita"

It looks good to me Tony. But the most important thing is that your wife likes it...."happy wife, happy life!"

I wonder if pre cooking the chicken would help, Tony? I was thinking (I know, I know) if either steaming or popping 'em in a pressure cooker would do the trick. I realize it will be a pain in the a** to be cooking twice, but'cha gotta keep her happy;) Have you asked Pollo Loco how they make their chicken?

I wonder if pre cooking the chicken would help, Tony? I was thinking (I know, I know) if either steaming or popping 'em in a pressure cooker would do the trick. I realize it will be a pain in the a** to be cooking twice, but'cha gotta keep her happy;) Have you asked Pollo Loco how they make their chicken?

I don't have a pressure cooker but I will ask pollo loco how they cook it. It's suppose to be char broiled but I never seen any grill marks and or burnt marks. It's always perfect.

Back