My Weber Table

Joel Hogston

TVWBB Member
Picked this up the other day for $20
DSC03988-1.jpg

DSC03989-1.jpg

As you can see it needs some TLC to restore it back to its former glory.
It fixes to the Kettle handle and is really sturdy
DSC03992-1.jpg

And here it is sanded back and varnished.
DSC03998-1.jpg

DSC03996-1.jpg

As far as i can find out these were made by weber in the 90's out of Aussie Red Jarrah and sold for $200

Originally posted by Mark Schnell:
That is SWEET! I'm building one of these. It looks pretty simple too. Looks great after the work you did on it. Enjoy!!

That is really nice. Yet another reason to keep wood handles!

That is some nice lumbar. Great job on the refinish. Jarrah Lumber like that can be a test of will. I love Purpleheart but it's a bear to tool, fasten and finish. The only mechanic that I will let touch my truck is from Trinidad, and there they use it for everything. I'd like to take a trip there to see how they work and fasten it.

Originally posted by W Benton:
How exactly does it mount to the handle?
Photo 1 and 2 shows how its mounted. The handle just slips in between the timber.
Its that easy
DSC03992-1.jpg

DSC03991-1.jpg

The 3rd photo shows the latch at the other end of the table that stops the legs from collapsing
DSC03990.jpg

There's a 10mm gap between the table and the kettle rim
If anyone's after anymore photo's or measurements just ask
Cheers
Joel

I just found some lumber that would be perfect for making a table like this. Thanks for posting Joel.

A couple questions, how wide is the table top, and how long is it (from longest point on the curve I suppose).

That kettle looks like a 22.5 so I would guess from looking at the picks tha it is around 18 inches wide and 36 inches long. I really like the way it attaches to the handle.

This looks dead simple to copy. I might just have to do that. Time to put those power tools to use. I'll have to see what woods I can get at Lowes and go from there.

On further inspection those Jarrah boards look to be four inches wide. So it looks to be around 20 inches wide.

Originally posted by Shawn Dillon:
This looks dead simple to copy. I might just have to do that. Time to put those power tools to use. I'll have to see what woods I can get at Lowes and go from there.

They sell oak, pine, fir and poplar. Poplar can be stained to look like mahogany. The problem with those woods is moisture. Oak can be a problem, what they mainly sell here is red oak, white would be better. The others concern me when it comes to rot. That is not a lot of lumbar, so if you have a specialty lumber distributor I would give them a look. Teak is too expensive.

Ipe, Teak or Mahogany would be incredible. I just found a reason to buy a 26" kettle (like I needed a reason...).

Ok here are some measurements for the table
Just take into account that we work in metric over here in OZ.
But i've tried my best to convert the measurements
Length- 800mm or 31 1/2"
Width- 400mm or 15 3/4"
Legs- 32mm x 32mm x 695mm or 1 1/4"x 1 1/4"x 27 1/2"
The two pieces of decking fixing the the legs are fixed using two 10mm or 1/4" dowels
All the hardware is brass
If you need any more measurements or photo's just ask
Cheers
Joel

****, I didn't think those boards were less than four inches wide. If rot is a concern you can use plastic electrical conduit for the legs. Glue in some adjustable feet and you are good to go.

Joel, thanks for sharing. I need to build a couple of these. I really like how it clips onto the handle compared to using conduit straps.

Thanks for the measurements Joel. I am going to defiitely building something using this as the inspiration.

Back