My trip to Weber in Palatine, Il.

Jeff Kolodziejski

TVWBB All-Star
So this morning I had to make a trip to the Weber parts store in Palatine, Il. I went in there for a 10.00 part, and walked out with over 80 bucks in stuff! Geez. I knew I should have had it mailed to me! But it turned out it was a good idea I went. In talking to one of the customer service people, I told her a little about my collection. She said, don't you have any black grills? I said, no...I like the colored ones and real old stuff. She then said, oh, well I might have something here you may be interested in. She came out of the back room carrying a white (bone color) Smokey Joe.
Knowing it was a European color only, I asked if it was for sale? She said, sure, it was left over for some reason and it was on sale if I wanted it. For me, that was a no brainer. So here is what I got. I was VERY happy to intercept it before it got on the plane to go across the pond!
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

It might not be as flashy as some of the others...but its part of "The Gang" now
004.jpg

Wow...great score and a fine addition to the collection. Other than the lime green SJS, non-black SJs seem pretty hard to come by (I've been searching). Is the robins egg blue SJG a european model too?

Very nice. I wish I lived that close the weber warehouse. Instead I'm stuck in Cali, just close enough to the bay for craigslist postings to be tempting
icon_wink.gif

VeryCoolJEFF!
of all those, MY favourite would be front row, far right <span class="ev_code_BROWN">BROWN</span>...
What an AWESOME Collection!

ok, maybe the front row left side baby <span class="ev_code_BLUE">blue...</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stu G.:
Wow...great score and a fine addition to the collection. Other than the lime green SJS, non-black SJs seem pretty hard to come by (I've been searching). Is the robins egg blue SJG a european model too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Stu...the turquoise one on the far right is from Europe...as is the copper one. I know the copper one was at Linens and Things some years back, but that one wasn't the gold model. So with the bone colored one, thats 3 European ones.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
VeryCoolJEFF!
of all those, MY favourite would be front row, far right <span class="ev_code_BROWN">BROWN</span>...
What an AWESOME Collection!

ok, maybe the front row left side baby <span class="ev_code_BLUE">blue...</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Jim...the brownie is by far the oldest one too (other than the Galley Que). Its very unique!

What store is in Palatine? I have asked this before, and everyone says there is nothing to see or go into...whats there?

Brian

Brian
Their address there is 350 E. Daniels Rd., Palatine, Il. They have hours on Saturday from 830-12. M-F 8-4.

When you walk into this place, is just a small little room with a lot of the basic Weber accessories you are used to seeing when you walk into an average sized Ace Hardware.
They also have Weber shirts in different colors. Most shirts just have the Weber logo on the chest. They come in different colors and are in T's or polos. They had one tshirt that had a Weber grill on the front and said "grill sergent" I wanted that one, but they didnt have my size.
Also different Weber hats
Red and black Weber umbrellas
I also saw a Weber throw, or blanket.
LOTS of different Weber spices.

It was a neat little place. Now off to the side of their small display room was the parts/inventory room. That was much bigger. THATS where I wanted to go walk around and look. Its where my white Smokey was in. I can only imagine the stuff that has come and gone through there that never makes it to the stores here in the US.

Next time you need a part from Weber customer service, ask them to send it to the Weber parts store for you to pick it up. You'll save the typical shipping cost, and you go and get to see a neat little store and talk to some nice people that are just as curious about Weber history and grills as most of us are.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
Brian

Next time you need a part from Weber customer service, ask them to send it to the Weber parts store for you to pick it up. You'll save the typical shipping cost, and you go and get to see a neat little store and talk to some nice people that are just as curious about Weber history and grills as most of us are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Awesome score Jeff, but please don't send Brian there! They'll close the place down for good after he leaves!!!!!
icon_razz.gif

First, I hate that you are there in Weber land.. Second, nice score! Right from Weber direct..How cool is that?! I don't see a bolt on handle.. Does it have a grease cup inside?

Well, at least that little Weber has some new friends to hang with.
Say, you don't name your grills dp you? Cause that would be just wierd..

No bolt on handle...this one is your average SJ gold model. See we have something kinda good here in Chicago...Weber headquarters, but you guys got choice of all the cool older colors by you...and for CHEAP usually.

that is pretty neat. i had seen that color before and thought it was cool.

nice addition... i love the brown that Mr. Lampe pointed out. and of course that Galley Que is awesome!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well, at least that little Weber has some new friends to hang with.
Say, you don't name your grills dp you? Cause that would be just wierd.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have names but mine are ranked, there is my number #1 my number #2. I have four grills I use pretty regularly so I made some kind of system to know what is where. In case your wondering my performer is #1, my 26 is my #2.

Brian

Bob...been through that program twice...no luck. It doesnt help the situation that my wife pushes me to get half of the grills I already have!
icon_smile.gif
She likes them almost as much as me.

Back