My pulled pork was requested for thanksgiving.

Tony C.

TVWBB Wizard
every year we do thanksgiving at my dad's house. there are always 15-20 people there including the kids. the consensus this year was that i make pulled pork and just turkey breast(no whole bird) along with a huge batch of hog-apple beans. so right now i have a 10 pound butt on the bottom rack and 3 butterball turkey roasts and a self basting bone in breast on the top shelf. all over RO lump and a chunk of hickory. i have some left over rib tips that i'm grilling for dinner and will throw a JD maple sausage rubbed with WRO on the kettle with them. i was wanting to do a whole bird but the masses have spoken
icon_smile.gif
i will get the breasts done tonight and rest,refridgerate and slice in the morning. then put in a foil pan and spray with apple juice,cover and slowly warm in the oven.

maybe i'll pick up a bird while it's still on special and do one sunday

Last year one of the grocery stores in my area had a sale of 10c/LB for fresh turkeys on Thanksgiving morning. I'm stalking them tomorrow to see if it's the same. I bought 4 and used them for Christmas on such. This year I've got a 9cuFt freezer in the garage ready for some turkey to go with the Venison, Pork, and Chicken already inside.

Brad,
What was the store? You have inspired me to look at my local supermarkets and see if they have great deals on turkey.
Lance

It was at my local Albertsons. However since Albertsons bankruptcy the Texas stores are not associated with the ID group.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony C.:
every year we do thanksgiving at my dad's house. there are always 15-20 people there including the kids. the consensus this year was that i make pulled pork </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I brought 7lbs of pork loin to our gathering. Marinated overnight in something really simple: Adolph's Meat Marinade mixed with apple juice.

BG

Cut the whole loin into 3 equal size pieces. Tied, seasoned conservatively with my own barbecue rub, then smoked at 225 for 4 hours over apple and pecan until the internal temp reached 150. Wrapped in foil, put in a thermal blanket in a cooler and transported to the dinner. Opened 2.5 hours later and the internal temp was still at 155 -- dead solid perfect for tender, moist and exploding with flavor.

Rave reviews all around.

async

BTW, whoever in another thread once suggested Sam's Choice charcoal from Wal-Mart: bless you.

Back