My new wind screen!

Appropriate identification needs to be made on all sides. I’ll figure that out one of these days, I have an idea but, it will require some careful preparation.

Thanks guys, it will probably never leave my back yard but, it “could” .
I need to fire up the hillbilly hearth for the identification step but, in the meantime I really want to find JOHN!
Maybe some sort of battery powered string lights so, it’s not dependent on electricity? Then a wheel on the back corner to roll it into position more easily, no, by the time I really need that, I’ll just leave it set up!

I am in love with my new wind shield, we got our new privacy dense installed a few weeks ago, but yesterday's cook was the first time I really needed to use it as a wind shield. The wind was really really moving yesterday so I tucked my grills back between the new wall, the shed, and the house and neither WSM or the kettle was effected by the wind at all.
IMG_20210302_210330.jpg
IMG_20210301_181425.jpg

Michael, I like your giant spatula (mini pizza peel?) I just saw something similar while I was at Meijer’s on Monday, I might pick one up it didn’t seem to be crazy expensive and was pretty heavy duty. Where is yours from?

Michael, I like your giant spatula (mini pizza peel?) I just saw something similar while I was at Meijer’s on Monday, I might pick one up it didn’t seem to be crazy expensive and was pretty heavy duty. Where is yours from?
Tim,
Here is the link to mine.

I love it. I got it for pizzas which it gets used for that a lot, but I can't believe how many other bbq uses I have found for it. It is great for getting under those big cuts on meat. It worked perfect to move around those pork steaks the other night which these pictures were from. I wish mine was a little more heavy duty, because when I put a pork shoulder on that thing, I make sure to support the metal side with a gloves hand. The handle can loosen and swing around for easier storage which I really like as it is a big piece of equipment.

Thanks Michael, I will take another look at the one I saw at Meijer’s when I go back on Friday. It doesn’t collapse which I see as a possible drawback but, I have room on the windscreen to hang it so, storage of that shouldn’t be a big deal.
Hauled the extra 22” out of the garage and will set that up as a dedicated “Vortex” zone or maybe share it with the Pizzaque after I get it a bit of a “lift kit” to save my poor back!

John Wayne, at his post!D8954821-C99E-49E4-8D7C-A8EDED6C654A.jpeg
Now, after a get another set of the solar powered lights, I might be able to call this finished aside from decoration of course.

Attachments

• 4C8C0203-72EC-4BBE-8F08-7BB74E8E28D0.jpeg
    4C8C0203-72EC-4BBE-8F08-7BB74E8E28D0.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 1
Hey Michael,
This is the Heavy Duty spatula I picked up...
67AB0A57-BC44-49E1-9F69-40359BEA709A.jpeg
Oklahoma Joe, $19.99
It was really nice for lifting off the salmon last week!

Back