My New Weber Grill

Richard Garcia

TVWBB Super Fan
I have purchased three(3) of your excellent BBQ Books over the last few years; "Weber's Charcoal Grilling, The Art of Cooking with Live Fire", "Weber's Way to Grill and "Weber's Smoke".

I am a long-time user of the Weber Charcoal Grill(WSM 18" Classic,Weber OTG) and I will be receiving a new Weber 22" "Master Touch Grill" within a couple of week here in the Country of Costa Rica. The Weber Brand is "big-time" here in Costa Rica and we have Weber BBQ Fests here every year.

My question is what is the best way to "season" my new "Master Touch Grill"??

DaveW

TVWBB Wizard
I have purchased three(3) of your excellent BBQ Books over the last few years; "Weber's Charcoal Grilling, The Art of Cooking with Live Fire", "Weber's Way to Grill and "Weber's Smoke".

I am a long-time user of the Weber Charcoal Grill(WSM 18" Classic,Weber OTG) and I will be receiving a new Weber 22" "Master Touch Grill" within a couple of week here in the Country of Costa Rica. The Weber Brand is "big-time" here in Costa Rica and we have Weber BBQ Fests here every year.

My question is what is the best way to "season" my new "Master Touch Grill"??

Throw a chimney of charcoal in it along with your protein of choice :cool:

There's no need to "season" a kettle.

Jamie Purviance

TVWBB Super Fan
First of all, thank you, Richard. It really means a lot to me that you invest so much in my books and recipes. I am grateful for that. When I get a new grill like a Master Touch, I usually fire it up with a chimney of charcoal, as DaveW says, and cook up some fatty sausages over direct heat. This helps to create a nice slick surface on the grate, and that just gets better and better with more grilling.

Ron G.

TVWBB Wizard
I'll bet there are some seriously good eats to be had in C.R. A BBQ fest there sounds like a good way to escape!