My new Genesis Silver C

That's exactly what I'm talking about, great pickup!
The funny thing is I spent $10 on these char baskets for the free kettle that followed me home.

I've been missing some fast and hot direct cooks since I gave away my last kettle.

It made me laugh that I spent the same amount on two pieces of bent up metal as an entire, ready to go propane grill.1634363416670.png

That's the thing. Most of us fall into one of two camps, gas or charcoal. The pricing is completely different so I get what you are saying. I grew up on the weber kettle but moved on to the gas grill. I still appreciate the way the food tastes on the kettle but don't have any plans to get back into it. So when you can get an entire gas grill for next to nothing, it doesn't seem right to pay that much or more for a charcoal grill or accessory.

Ive had a kettle for over 35 years. "loaned" it to a friend 5 to 7 years ago, but just picked up another and want to try some things.

There are still some popping up around here, but most people have cleaned out the garage and gotten ready for winter up here.

Cooked my first couple of meals over the weekend on the grill and absolutely love it! Starts up faster than any other grill and builds heat incredibly quick. It's up to 350 degrees within a couple minutes. Holds heat well and even though I've never really needed/used a side burner before, I really enjoyed sautéing onions while I was grilling burgers.

Very happy with my decision to ditch the Char-Broil and get an older Weber. I finally understand the hype!

Cooked my first couple of meals over the weekend on the grill and absolutely love it! Starts up faster than any other grill and builds heat incredibly quick. It's up to 350 degrees within a couple minutes. Holds heat well and even though I've never really needed/used a side burner before, I really enjoyed sautéing onions while I was grilling burgers.

Very happy with my decision to ditch the Char-Broil and get an older Weber. I finally understand the hype!
Sounds like you are on your way to many more cooks Willy! But remember the moto here, if there are no pictures, it didn’t happen. 😆

Enjoy that Grill!

Just to be clear but 350 should not be anywhere near the top end for that grill. You should look for at least 500, but it will take more than a few minutes to get there.

Just to be clear but 350 should not be anywhere near the top end for that grill. You should look for at least 500, but it will take more than a few minutes to get there.

Oh it gets up to around 550 with ease - no worries there! My old grill would take 10 minutes to get to 350, so that's why it was an important benchmark!

I let mine get up to 500 before cooking and put oil on the grates before I start it up. Clean afterwards as well!

Quick question - is there a secret way to get the grease off the side tables? I tried scrubbing the hell out of it and it is not coming off.

I did buy a rubber pad now for my spatula and tongs so that doesn't happen again.

Straight bleach with a green scrubby. coat the table in bleach, let it sit for a minute or two and then take the green scrubby to it. Will work 95% of the time. Use rubber gloves and wear old clothes.

Straight bleach with a green scrubby. coat the table in bleach, let it sit for a minute or two and then take the green scrubby to it. Will work 95% of the time. Use rubber gloves and wear old clothes.

I'll give that a shot -thanks!

Bruce, does it need to be a 3M brand green scrubby or will a cheap one do just as good?

El cheapo scrubby will do. If all else fails, you can actually sand the thermoset tables. I have done it several times.

But with the bleach, get the tables wet and keep them wet for a good 4-5 minutes, longer if possible. Then start scrubbing. I think you will be fine.

BTW never ever use those scrubbers on any porcelain (hood, panels etc). I still to this day do not understand how plastic can scratch something as hard as porcelain so badly but believe me it does

BTW never ever use those scrubbers on any porcelain (hood, panels etc). I still to this day do not understand how plastic can scratch something as hard as porcelain so badly but believe me it does
I have not had this experience. I've used some pretty aggressive steel scrub pads on the porcelain lid interiors without any noticeable scratching at all. I'm not saying you are wrong, I really respect your knowledge but I have not found green scrubbies able to do anything except clean surfaces like porcelain. I wonder if there was some kind of grit or dirt on a lid that got mixed in to a green scrubby for you once upon a time.

Back