My "new" Genesis 3000

The side burner on the Silver B I just measured to be 28", so the burners are original and not from a 1K.
Rather tough to get the wing nuts holding the manifold to unscrew, also.
Guess it was a stretch to assume the unlikely.

Last edited:
An update....
After fiddling around with trying to get enough identical used slats to cover 30 spaces, I bought five 8' lengths of cedar 1 x 2s from Lowe's at about $8 each, cut them to length (one 8' section I cut 1/4" too long, but I was able to recut ok), sanded them and finished with Danish Oil neutral, and the results are shown in the pix below. I was really happy because normally I can do anything I want with metal, but wood just splits when I touch it...
Also the front lower frame brace was rusting through, so I cut a piece of 1" square steel from Tractor Supply, need to paint it in the Spring.
Added a new set of casters from Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BG5BHKSD/?tag=tvwb-20, which turned out to be a 1/4" larger in diameter than original, and required using the frame inserts which came with them. I figured I'd keep them and not return them, a little larger wheels won't hurt on this size grill.
It's now pretty much the way I want it as a daily (weekly?) driver, it came with decent internals for the most part, I don't thin the PO used it very much. After painting, then to install the great decals for the gas weight assembly I got from Jon Tofte....

Attachments

• IMG-0352.jpg
    IMG-0352.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-0353.jpg
    IMG-0353.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-0354.jpg
    IMG-0354.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-0355.jpg
    IMG-0355.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-0356.jpg
    IMG-0356.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 28
Yah, Lowes seems to have the perfect size 1 x 2's for making slats. I wish I had one closer to me.

Looks really nice, Hank. Great job 👍. The right side table gives it that extra touch of class along with more space.

Looks great Hank! I think that's much nicer than a sea of durawood slats.
Generally, I like wood better as well. However, @Rich Dahl has a black Genesis with durawood shelves on both sides like Hank’s has in cedar. His looks really sharp in its own way, especially with the black hood. Variety is part of the fun in this hobby.

I don't personally hate the durawood myself. I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to redo my skyline in real wood or keep the durawood. I even have a brand new durawood work table in reserve for that one. In Hank's case, I think he was in for some work either way. He didn't have enough good durawood slats to complete his project and it's a pain to properly space the slats no matter the material so I think his decision to go with all new wood was a good one.

Back