My New Fire Stick

Bob Mann

TVWBB Honor Circle
I've been using a BernzOmatic JT680 propane torch to light my charcoal. It works well, but I wanted something more powerful, that was small, and used a one pound tank.
Today I got my self a a BernzOmatic JT850.
It's rated at 20,000 BTU. I melted some snow with it today, and it gets really hot.

bermzomticjt85002.jpg

bermzomticjt85001.jpg

bermzomticjt85003.jpg

i've been wanting one but only if i can get it cheaply. good to read that it works for you.
i'm in a wheel chair so those big burners connected to a big tank won't work for me.

That looks pretty useful. So that black curve is rigid like a cane handle?
Seems like they are marketing it for lighting patio fireplaces and all that. Looks like a fun addition to the old arsenal.

I love this thing for starting the Lang and for starting my fire pit. Since the weber fire pit's lid snuffs the burning coals out, this thing relights them in just a couple minutes.

I think I paid $30 or so at Lowe's.

oh, and I love when weeds pop up around the concrete or pavers. They don't last long.

I love this thing for starting the Lang and for starting my fire pit. Since the weber fire pit's lid snuffs the burning coals out, this thing relights them in just a couple minutes.

I think I paid $30 or so at Lowe's.

oh, and I love when weeds pop up around the concrete or pavers. They don't last long.

Does that kill the plant or just remove it before it grows back?

It burns the weeds to ash. I got mine in late fall so I am not sure how quick/often they would pop back up.

Of course you can only use it in non combustible areas. Anything within a foot or so will catch on fire.

I like that, but it says "self igniting" and I don't see a push button of any type ??

Tim

See the rectangular metal piece about half way down towards the burner? There is a push button on top. I wouldn't want to light by hand.

Not really sure but it's longer than I thought it would. I use them for my performer, lighting the fire pit, and lighting the lang so it's hard to really keep track. If you buy them in 4 packs the price isn't too bad and you can sometimes find them on sale.

Those little bottles are pretty spendy. I have used them on my Q grill in an emergency. About 2 hours cause I forgot to turn it off. That looks like one magical wond. That wond on an extension hose. Skies the limit. Just a thought!

Back