My new 26

For some reason I could not get the Gold One Touch ash cleaning hardware to work. Not sure why. In thinking on it some more, it should have fit. I think I will look at it again before I say anymore.

I'll give this a try for a charcoal grate. It preserves the correct height between charcoal and cooking grate. If it needs some bracing, I can do that with an 18" cooking grate.

P1010496-PP.JPG

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hank B:
I'll give this a try for a charcoal grate. It preserves the correct height between charcoal and cooking grate. If it needs some bracing, I can do that with an 18" cooking grate.

P1010496-PP.JPG
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>You could also add that to a almost a large weber grate to make up the difference and beef it up.

Ash Catcher

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brad Olson:
If the grate's for the new 26 will it fit an older model? I might be wrong, but when the new version was designed weren't both grates moved higher up in the kettle? If that's the case the new charcoal grate might be too wide to fit down in the original location.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I made it pretty clear to the CS rep that this was an older one and even pointed out to her that it was surprising that it had never been fired up. Hopefully she placed the order for the correct part. I'll know next week.

Any chance that ash catcher is still around? I just acquired a 60's 26" and everything is there but the pesky ash catcher. Let me know if you can!

Thanks,
John Foster

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brad Olson:
If the grate's for the new 26 will it fit an older model? I might be wrong, but when the new version was designed weren't both grates moved higher up in the kettle? If that's the case the new charcoal grate might be too wide to fit down in the original location.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I made it pretty clear to the CS rep that this was an older one and even pointed out to her that it was surprising that it had never been fired up. Hopefully she placed the order for the correct part. I'll know next week.

Any chance that ash catcher is still around? I just acquired a 60's 26" and everything is there but the pesky ash catcher. Let me know if you can!

Thanks,
John Foster

Back