My first stab at Stuffed Pork Tenderloin + a non-stuffed Tenderloin!

Brian Bo.

TVWBB Fan
Here they are. Man, the stuffed tenderloin was perfect! Both tenderloins were very moist and tasty. The jerk was awesome. That was the first time I've ever used jerk on pork. Definitely going to do that again! The sweetness of the stuffing with the pork was addicting...I want more.

I stuffed the first tenderloin with croutons, organic granny smith apple, dried cranberries, chicken stock, onions, rosemary, and maple syrup.

I used 1/2 maple and 1/2 apple woods for the cook. The Jerk tenderloin reached 145F internal after a surprising 45 minutes of being on the smoker at 250F. Thought this would take longer. The stuffed tenderloin took just a tad longer to reach 140F internal...about an hour. I pulled them off and seared them for a few minutes on my infrared grill.

Here go the pics:

Jerk mixture...pre-blend
maytend1.jpg

Blended
maytend2.jpg

One of the tenderloins ready for stuffing
maytend3.jpg

maytend4.jpg

Stuffed
maytend5.jpg

Lovin' that bacon
maytend6.jpg

maytend7.jpg

Smokin' away
maytend8.jpg

A little over 40 minutes
maytend9.jpg

Searing
maytend10.jpg

Almost ready to eat
maytend11.jpg

maytend12.jpg

Tasted great.
maytend13.jpg

maytend15.jpg

Brian,

Nice pics. My only critique...not enough pics of the Jerk version. Jerk pork is one of my favourite things.

Kudos on the homemade sauce. I have to take a crack at that. Did you use a scotch bonnet or a habanero?

Brian,
Looks most awesome....jerk pork tenderloin was exactly what I'm cooking tomorrow. What recipe did you use???

G Dechaine, I used Habaneros for this cook but normally use Scotch Bonnets. My market hasn't stocked-up on Scotch Bonnets the last two times I've been there so it's been Habs lately.

Thanks, K Kruger.

Don Irish, I will PM you the recipe I use!!

Thanks, Chris. The stuffed tenderloin went FAST!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Bo.:
Hey Don, check your e-mail! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Brian...turned out perfect! Served it with some Xec - a Mayan citrus salsa...very tasty.
Don

Very nice looking! I just did my first stuffed pork loin as well. I do pork loins all the time (my most requested item) and wanted to do something different... so I tried my hand at stuffing. Completely different approach than you, but next time I'm gonna try something similar to yours. For the first time ever my pork loin was not super moist. Flavor was freakin' fantastic though! pics and my process at http://smokingbottle.wordpress...9/06/07/get-stuffed/

No doubt.

1 Tbl. ground allspice
1 Tbl. ground thyme
1 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. minced ginger
2 Tbls. fresh garlic (crushed)
1 Tbls. brown sugar or molasses
1/4 C. Soy sauce
1/4 C. dark rum (optional, but encouraged)
3/4 C. white vinegar
Juice of 1 lime
2 Scotch bonnet peppers
3 green onions, diced
1 C. white onion, diced

Enjoy...and if you cook some jerk, let me know. Love that stuff!

Thanks for the recipe Brian. I've had a pork loin in the freezer for a while, and took it out yesterday. Gonna give this a try.

Paul

two questions.

1. how did you cut your tenderloin flat like that?
2. How long did you marinate the jerk tenderloin?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryan Ko:
two questions.

1. how did you cut your tenderloin flat like that?
2. How long did you marinate the jerk tenderloin? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Ryan.

This might be hard to picture but, I cut the tenderloin almost all the way through (length-wise) and after doing so, I cut into the tenderloin going toward the side of it. This will give you more room to put the stuffing on the tenderloin after beating it (to flatten).

I marinated the other tenderloin in a big ziploc bag. It was marinating for roughly 14hrs (overnight).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Bo.:
This might be hard to picture but, I cut the tenderloin almost all the way through (length-wise) and after doing so, I cut into the tenderloin going toward the side of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah ha.... sounds easier than roll-cutting. Looks like this is what I'll be trying next time.

Back