My first stab at Stuffed Pork Tenderloin + a non-stuffed Tenderloin!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Bo.:
No doubt.

1 Tbl. ground allspice
1 Tbl. ground thyme
1 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. minced ginger
2 Tbls. fresh garlic (crushed)
1 Tbls. brown sugar or molasses
1/4 C. Soy sauce
1/4 C. dark rum (optional, but encouraged)
3/4 C. white vinegar
Juice of 1 lime
2 Scotch bonnet peppers
3 green onions, diced
1 C. white onion, diced

Enjoy...and if you cook some jerk, let me know. Love that stuff! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried this last weekend after Brian was kind enough to email me the recipe. Excellent results. This is enough for at least 2 tenderloins. I used hab's as Scotch bonnet's were not available. For reference - this was not as hot as Walkerwoods. I let it soak about 6-8 hours. I will defininely do this again soon. I'll bet it is great with chicken!

It is great with chicken. If you want hot, double the scotch bonnet/habanero content. I usually go with 2, as I'm a punk and can't handle severe heat.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Bo.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryan Ko:
two questions.

1. how did you cut your tenderloin flat like that?
2. How long did you marinate the jerk tenderloin? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Ryan.

This might be hard to picture but, I cut the tenderloin almost all the way through (length-wise) and after doing so, I cut into the tenderloin going toward the side of it. This will give you more room to put the stuffing on the tenderloin after beating it (to flatten).

I marinated the other tenderloin in a big ziploc bag. It was marinating for roughly 14hrs (overnight). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok so you pounded it out. That makes more sense then. I wondered how you got it so flat.

just reviving an old post to see more results..

nice work on this. But does the bacon wrap make the jerk too salty ?

Back