My First Grill - Weber Platinum Series II (Blue)

That is pristine and you sure can't beat the blue lid. Those are pretty rare grills. Nice to see that one get another 20 years plus of life.

Nice grill. I missed one because I could not get away to go grab it the other day
I saw one exactly like that, blue lid and all pop up recently for $40 on one of the sale sites. It was temping but I promised myself I wouldn't get more until I thin what I have. Now I'm kinda regret letting it slip away.

Thanks for all the nice comments! The advice/info from this bulletin board was very helpful.

I think the biggest mistake I made in this project was trying to clean the end caps manually. It took a huge amount of time and the end result was far from perfect. In the end, I didn't actually get the surface prepped for painting as well as I wanted and I suspect I'll have to re-do those pieces in the next couple years as a result.

I've never media blasted anything before, but i think that's how i'll clean the end caps next time around. There's a media-blasting company 10 miles down the road. It should cost ~$20 for the end caps and will save ~5 hours of labor. Even if the end result of media blasting were roughly equal to hand-cleaning, it's still worth it if I value my time at >$4/hr.

Back