My first grill/Genesis

ErikMn

TVWBB Member
I started looking for a used grill on CL last month and after looking at a few Silvers I couldn't get the price I wanted. Long story short my uncle had a curb find luying around and said it was mine for free.

Burner tubes, flavorizers, grates, warming rack were all shot and hit the trash right away. The igniter spark box was toast but the igniter still worked. I wanted to have the cart powder coated but at the going rate of 250$ scraped that idea and just decided to clean up as best I could.

I disassembled entire set up, cleaned, scuffed and painted. New burner tubes, flavorizers, grates, igniter, and new hardware for manifold, burner tube guides, grease tray bolts, tank scale wing nuts. Everything else on the grill was re used. Knobs were pretty stiff and had to be almost forced down and turned. I took them apart, wiped off dirty old grease, put some on the knob shaft sleeve and also on the inside valve itself that spins because they were still stiff after just trying the knob shaft sleeve and looked like they had previously been greased. They turn like butter now.
1pTH2jN.webp

WdQijzx.webp

tIyXEta.webp

7WSL2xG.webp

ywW7IcU.webp

R8RcQfl.webp

EP8y5W9.jpg

5tmAC0C.webp

CtB14tc.jpg

Last edited:
Erik, that is coming together well. The firebox cleaned up well. Going to be a great grill for many years to come. I have a red hood that I am putting on a Genesis Gold B right now, still got a ways to go. Nice job!

DOn't use just any old grease in there BTW. It will simply solidify again. Use a synthetic with moly in it. and VERY VERY tiny amount

Wow, great job on a sweet grill. I believe that's a Genesis 1. Somewhere around here is a thread where someone posted the schematics for a Z bracket that would work if you want to make a shelf for the left hand side.

Wow, great job on a sweet grill. I believe that's a Genesis 1. Somewhere around here is a thread where someone posted the schematics for a Z bracket that would work if you want to make a shelf for the left hand side.

Dave i called weber with the serial, yes it's a 1 from 85' they said. I have brand new z brackets, but need wood cut now or someone who has good used slats they agent using.

Dave i called weber with the serial, yes it's a 1 from 85' they said. I have brand new z brackets, but need wood cut now or someone who has good used slats they agent using.

Sweet. After making that post, I ran across your other thread showing the Z brackets from RC. Didn't know that he made those. If you are looking for someone else to cut some slats for you, I'd make a new thread here in the gasser section with that in the title. I'm sure someone would help you out.

Erik I sent you a PM about the lid. Wife (and perhaps myself) will be in Richfield MN next week. I have 2 lids. One a red head and the other a smoke gray platinum with red pin stripes. Either one $20 delivered to MN if you're interested. Both in perfect condition (other than the wood handle(s) and end caps. Just respond to the PM and I can shoot you a phone number

Back