My first flame out, error code E3. EX6.

Lew, you are right about a pellet void causing the flame out. No fuel, no fire. But I still believe the dust might have played a part in it though. There was a lot of dust, more than what I expected considering how careful I am when adding pellets to the hopper. I think dust in the pellet hopper could have contributed to the bridging of pellets and caused a void. I also think, dust from the hopper and pellets being ground up from a loose auger bolt could have caused the fire to burn faster than fuel was being added to the pot. That's just a theory, sometimes I just over think things. Lol.

The dust accumulation at the top of the ramp and under the pellets on the ramp in addition to some caking in the fire pot have me scratching my head.

About that soda pop, you take IOU's?
I have no idea if dust contributes to bridging and I'm scratching my head wondering how I could test that. The whole thing is a puzzle waiting to be solved. Yes, I take IOUs. :ROFLMAO:

Lew, you are right about a pellet void causing the flame out. No fuel, no fire. But I still believe the dust might have played a part in it though. There was a lot of dust, more than what I expected considering how careful I am when adding pellets to the hopper. I think dust in the pellet hopper could have contributed to the bridging of pellets and caused a void. I also think, dust from the hopper and pellets being ground up from a loose auger bolt could have caused the fire to burn faster than fuel was being added to the pot. That's just a theory, sometimes I just over think things. Lol.

The dust accumulation at the top of the ramp and under the pellets on the ramp in addition to some caking in the fire pot have me scratching my head.

About that soda pop, you take IOU's?
I think the pellet dust compacts the pellets as they settle in the hopper. Maybe.. lol

Took the auger out earlier today. Did not see the missing nut, can't tell from looking at the bolt if it was installed at the factory or sent to the fire pot. Took the time to clean off the gunk,IMG_2535 (3).JPGIMG_2537 (3).JPGIMG_2541 (3).JPGIMG_2542 (3).JPGIMG_2543 (3).JPG before putting it back together tomorrow when I get the hardware from Weber.

My bolt slides right through, definitely needs a nut to secure it. Your bolt looks like it does not have any threads.

Last edited:

Back