My epic weekend

Corey Rogers

TVWBB Member
I saw the Labor Day Weekend post, but felt this was just too epic for me to derail that thread. I've done some overnighters and many good day smokes, but gonna step out of my comfort zone this weekend. Weather in central Kansas is just begging me to do this. So, here goes what my wife has begun referring to as

MEATAPALOOZA!!!

meatpalooza.jpg

To follow along as I update click here

Starting with 2 9.5 lbs. boston butts. Tomorrow gonna make the bacon explosion and do some bratwurst stuffed pork loins and a couple slabs of spare ribs with some bacon wrapped jalapenos. Tomorrow night gonna throw on the brisket to finish off by Monday morning. I'm optimistic about this, but have never tried this much at once. gonna be fun. I stocked up the cigars and beer so I won't have to leave the house for 2 days
icon_smile.gif

10AM Saturday: Butts rubbed and in the fridge

5PM Butts in the smoker, beer and cigars in me

1AM Sunday: made the bacon explosion and bratwurst stuffed pork loins, into the fridge

8AM restocked the fuel in the smoker, added the loins and explosion to the smoker. Spare ribs are rubbed. Butts are coming in at 180 degrees, couple more hours should do

11AM loins and explosion are done. Ribs going on. Time for a cigar, beer will have to wait.

1PM butts come off the smoker, into a cooler for a couple hours to rest

2:30PM ABT's and rest of the jalapeno brats go on

3PM Pulled pork, yummy!!!!

4PM ABT's and brats off

5PM ribs come off the smoker

7PM cleaned out the firepan, started all new fire. Brisket on for the night.

10:30PM brisket at 165, foiled

2AM Monday brisket at 197, pulled and put in cooler

7:30AM sliced the most tender and juicy brisket I've made yet.

And, I'm done. This was the biggest smoking session I've done yet. Planned it for almost 2 weeks and everything came out perfect and the timing was just right.

looks like you got a great time ahead of ya, have fun! looking forward to your pics

Corey,
What was your address again?

You may need to IV some veggies after this weekend
icon_smile.gif

Best of luck on your MEATAPALOOZA!!!

Gonna be a good weekend at your house Coery. At 6:00am this morning I threw on a but and full brisket packer, doing four chickens tomorrow. I'll follow your posts, have fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
icon_smile.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, he's got a dozen jalapenos in the pic up there. ABTs count as a vegetable in my food pyramid!
icon_biggrin.gif

Looks like an awesome time Corey! When I read "bratwurst stuffed pork loin" I started drooling on the keyboard!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
icon_smile.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha no kidding. Heck, whoever makes that bacon explosion regardless of all the other meats need to IV some veggies IMO, lol.

Corey - I'll be following along as other reasons are preventing me from firing up the Performer OR the WSM this labor day weekend.

There must be something in the air, because I pulled out some fatties, abt's, spare ribs, and a couple of butts.

Have fun!

Gonna fire up my smoker tomorrow evening too. Just going to smoke a 10# pork butt but still I can't wait. Us Kansas boys got to stick together..... Good luck Corey.

Pics look great so far Corey. I love doing marathon cooks on the WSM. Looking forward to the finished pics.

Cool pics Corey, great choice for your long weekend activity! No cooking for me - to busy fishing. Finally got some relief from all the rains and washouts. Fish are finally turning out in the local river.

I only had to worry about picking up the clams and steaming them on the grill for today's party.

Of course, mine will not see heat applied in any way
icon_biggrin.gif

Wow Corey!
I had to take two Crestors from just looking at the pics!

Great job! Keep going, you can do this
wsmsmile8gm.gif

YES! now that's a smoking weekend cook!
Great job on the post(s) and pics and keeping us updated. I keep clicking the replay button on your slideshow mesmerized at the variety. Everything looks very tasty! thanks for sharing Corey

Corey,
What a super cool chain of events, something that legends are made of.

I loved that picture with all your meats on the table. It made me feel like I was at the meat market.

Thanks for sharing a great story, get some rest bud after all the hard work
icon_smile.gif

Back