My Dual WSM Cart Build

This was our competition set-up this past weekend. Had a number of people stopping to ask how much we were selling the Smokey's for. They assumed we were sales reps. I wonder what gave them that idea?

1shVDn9.jpg

Last edited:
Where I might not ask about dealer status, I sure would stop by with some beverages and an interested ear about the construction of the cart. I like that quite a bit, I will use some of the elements when I build my WSM cart.
How did you do in the comp?

How did you do in the comp?

It was not a good weekend for us. Somehow overnight we entered a parallel BBQ dimension where meats cook at 2X speed. All our meats, except ribs, were done way too early. We have a couple Cambro's/Carlisle's to hold our meats but when your brisket has to be pulled at 0710 for a 1330 turn-in, you know it's going to be a long day.

I know it would be cost prohibitive and probably too heavy, but a thin piece of granite or some other solid surface would be really nice as a top. It could set right on top of the expanded metal top you already have. You even have the edge around the top to hold it in. All in all though, a very nice cart.

whoa that looks awesome! is it a back breaker to get the middle portion out?

After I pull the pin and remove the lid, it's not all that bad. But I've already thought about making it even easier on me. My plan down the road is to mount a pair of 6" linear actuators that will lift the center chamber (with the lid) straight up. Along with that, I'll mount the charcoal base on a platform that will be attached to a pair of flat-mount heavy duty drawer slides. That way when I lift the chamber I can slide out the base to deal with my coals.

Back