My brined, rotis chickens

Bill Small

TVWBB Fan
Well, after 24 hours in the brine, the birds came out and got a good wet Tuscan rub. Let them sit over night in the fridge and last night they went on the rotis.

Note about using a rotis: DONT CLOSE THE LID ALL THE WAY!

Went outside to take a look and had flames. Used a whole beer to dose the fire. So no photo's. Other than a little burned skin, the flavor was great. The meat was moist and the tuscan rub was incredable.

You poured out a whole beer??? Sheriff, arrest this man!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Was it on a kettle or a gasser, Bill?

Bill, I am glad the birds were good.

Despite the controversy in the other thread, most evrybody who has brined, enjoys the result. The other two things I have learned here are high temps and most recently, try skinless chicks and turkey breasts.

Did you cook it directly over the coals? When I use my rotis on my kettle, I use indirect heat, and always close the lid all the way. Never had a fire yet----unless you count my beer can duck, but that caught on fire only after I added fresh coals, and the fat hit the flash point. Wooosh!

These were cooked on a gas burner. It's a fairly new grill so I am just getting used to it. I had it all the way on low, but I guess the fat was too much to handle.

I was able to take off the skin and the meat was still good. Going to make chicken soup for dinner tonight out of the left overs.

See yet again, another Practical use for Beer.

Your the first to cook a beercan chicken on a Rotis. Maybe the next big thing!!

P.S. what is this GAS stuff?

Does Kingsford make Gas?

In my yard alone:
2 trailer smokers
1 trailer whole hog cooker
1 trailer gas/catering rig
1 5 burner gas deck grill
1 brinkman bullet style smoker

He who has the most toys wins.

Back