My best brisket so far

Benji Chong

TVWBB Super Fan
My best brisket to date...

Well I think it was my best brisket so far, it wasn't dried out, i let the rub sit for a good 24 hrs so the flavor got pretty deep into the meat. Injected with a mix of beef broth/guiness right before putting on the WSM. I didn't foil, just let it ride. I had to go to the store for a bit when i came back the temp had spiked to 325, i was able to get it back down to 250 for basically the rest of the cook. Put it on around 7pm, came off around 4am. Cutoff and cubed the point and put it back on smoker for burnt ends and wrapped the flat in foil and towels to sit in the microwave for about an hour and a half before taking pics and slicing. I think it could have stayed on a bit longer to pass that 'bend' test but it tasted good to me and to some coworkers who i brought some samples in to work this morning.

Oh yea, you BBQ Comp people, does anyone know if keeping the garlic cloves in the meat would be a disqualification? Maybe i overthunk it but i figure it may be an 'identifiable feature' or something.

LrYO36pl.jpg

6sZh7Pvl.jpg

uqWzB1Sl.jpg

Last edited:
Good Looking Brisket !
Yup... the garlic would get you a 1 (disqualification) under KCBS rules, but not under your family's rules :)

Back