my 1st "catering" job

TonyB

TVWBB Member
my friend is having a party for his boys 2nd b-day and i'm fixin enough pulled pork for 20 adults starting saturday night... pickin up 3 butts tonite and a couple bags of R.O. lump (though i may try rancher, haven't decided)... gonna try to keep it simple and just do mr brown's for this though I may alter the rub slightly and may sop them with a touch of mustard first thing in the morn tomorrow... kind of excited about doin this... gonna smoke exclusively with apple but might toss in a chunk of hickory as we near the end... i can taste it now... mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Good luck with your cook. I love the smell of BBQ in the moring while trying to get over a hang over.
icon_biggrin.gif

turned out AWESOME... some of the guys said it was the best bbq they'd ever had, one even said he didn't like pulled pork but couldn't resist trying it since it smelled so good, then he spent a half an hour "grilling" me about how to do it himself...

fired up the WSM at about 730pm, got temps up to about 235-240 and loaded up the meat, i was cookin by 8p, woke up in the morn about 7a and had to bring up the temps a touch and they had dropped to about 195-200, stirred the coals, basted, and added about two hand fulls of fresh rancher briquette and one more chunk of apple wood, cuz of a time deadline i had to bring temps up a bit quicker/higher than i would have liked, but its ok, kicked it up to about 265ish for the remainder of the smoke, got the meat to 190-195 and pulled it, wrapped it, stuffed it in a cooler and left for my friends place... got over there and my wife did the pulling, by the time she was done pulling the first butt (we had three) you could smell it anywhere within 20 ft of the house and once you were inside you might as well been standing inside the smoker itself... i'd say it was a rousing success

Back