Moving to SC

Ray Crick

TVWBB Emerald Member
My wife has wanted to move to Hilton Head Island, SC for many years. Well, we finally found a place we liked and have a contract to buy a place there. Will be moving from NC to SC in January. No more cold weather with snow and ice! Yeah!

I will also share a nice experience with you. The movers will not transport my two propane tanks and I did not want to take them in my car. The local Walmart Manager here has agreed to give me Walmart Gift certificates for $20 per tank when i give him my empties. This is a good deal for him as well as for me.

More later.

Ray

I've been to Hilton Head many times Ray. I can definitely understand the draw. Here's to success and good fortune on your journey. Cheers!

Oh...BTW: You're gonna have to switch BBQ sauce now.

congrats on the new castle. I have many family members in the Carolinas. Hilton head is an awesome place!

Good luck on the move Ray. The only time I've been to South Carolina was years ago while in the Army. Me and a couple of buddies crossed over the border from Ft. Gordon, Georgia, to a little bar just across the border in South Carolina. The legal drinking age there (at the time?) was 18, and we had a great time. Otherwise, my knowledge of South Carolina has been obtained vicariously from reading most of Pat Conroy's novels. Sounds like a wonderful place to live.

Congratulations, Ray! We have friends who live there and your wife is right - it's a lovely place. Have fun hanging all those pictures and getting organized. :)

Rita

Thanks Rita. We have been looking for a place since last Dec and had made offers on 4 other homes but got outbid each time. The "good ole boys club" there is in full force. In Sept we bid on a house that was on Marley 409 days with frequent price reductions. When we made an offer, 2 other offers came within an hour!
Two days later we made offer on another house that had been on market over 300 days. We offered 96% of list price and said we would not have an inspection but take it "as is". Again within an hour they got a full price offer. Same thing last April. Fishy!
Happy Thanksgiving Rita and if you ever visit your friends in HHI let me know and maybe we can meet for lunch.
Ray

Ray, hate to see ya leave the tarheel state, but I understand keeping SWMBO happy! maybe we can hook up next time Pammi and I go to Savannah!

That is surely an odd way to do business! But many times "last is best." It's been a while since we've been in HH. One day I hope we'll surprise you!

Rita

Back