Move'rs Dolly on my WSM

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Mover's Dolly on my WSM

I saw this at Harbor Freight and decided it would be a good idea to bolt on my WSM. Now I have mixed feelings since I had to drill holes on WSM. Whats is done is done and I now can move it around.It now reminds me of R2D2...LOL!!

My only mistake other than using this movers dolly was not making sure my holes were drilled straight. I have a level on my drill but with the excitement I just started to drill. I had to hand tighten some due to this mistake. I also sprayed a little rust o leum inside the drilled hole... You can make fun of my mod...LOL!!!

1361819455.jpg

1361819457.jpg

1361819459.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice and the price is right too!!

I spent only $12.09 total at harbor freight. I had a coupon for 20 % of on a single item. Then had another coupon if I spent more than $9.99 I would get a free volt meter.

Home Depot spent 1.85 for that hardware.

$14 is not bad.

Looks just fine and Im very sure that it will work just fine as well. Just make sure that the wind is not going to move your smoker .......................

Could one buy a total of three (3) casters and mount one on each of the three (3) legs instead of having so many wheels ? Maybe it's four (4) legs, not (3), I'm not outside looking. I'd love to put wheels on my new 22 1/2 WSM.

I bought those exact same Harbor Freight mover's dolly to use on my 18.5 WSM but decided to go with the three individual casters on the legs. I just installed them today so I'm not sure how it's going to handle the wind, which gets pretty bad around here. I may end up going with the mover's dolly since it probably is more stable.

Wayne

I have the same casters on mine but didn't drill any holes....just used 2 Harbor Freight SS zip ties on each leg / caster.
The SS zip ties work awesome for the charcoal grate mod too.

Chris, could you post a picture showing the casters attached with SS zip ties.

It's not the prettiest thing, but it works fine without drilling any holes.
One around the back of the leg and one going through the hole in the caster and then around the bottom of the leg.
SS ties are not necessary. You could use any old zip tie. SS just blends better and I already had them.
They're like $5 for a pack of 25 at Harbor Freight. Could not find them on their website.
There's probably a better strapping strategy, but I did all my mods in an afternoon and this was the last one.

20130428_182842casters.jpg

20130428_182842castersClose.jpg

Last edited:
It's not the prettiest thing, but it works fine without drilling any holes.
One around the back of the leg and one going through the hole in the caster and then around the bottom of the leg.
SS ties are not necessary. You could use any old zip tie. SS just blends better and I already had them.
They're like $5 for a pack of 25 at Harbor Freight. Could not find them on their website.
There's probably a better strapping strategy, but I did all my mods in an afternoon and this was the last one.

20130428_182842casters.jpg

20130428_182842castersClose.jpg

Chris,
looks nice..

Back