Move'rs Dolly on my WSM

I like the mod using the SS zip ties. Quick and easy. I'm going to have to do something similar, but I use my WSM on my driveway so I'll have to find a way to keep it from rolling into the street. Maybe I'll have to use a block of wood as a stop.

I like the mod using the SS zip ties. Quick and easy. I'm going to have to do something similar, but I use my WSM on my driveway so I'll have to find a way to keep it from rolling into the street. Maybe I'll have to use a block of wood as a stop.

Yeah, that's one thing these casters don't have...brakes.
Tell you what though, they make removing and replacing the cover really easy as you just rotate it to find what vent or handle the cover is snagging on. ;)

I finally got around to doing this mod...

9233328503_80ce1c870b_o.jpg

9233328831_07a71652a9_o.jpg

Really like the results so far. Thanks, Tony, for starting this thread with the photos-- can't say I would have thought of this without it!

It's not the prettiest thing, but it works fine without drilling any holes.
One around the back of the leg and one going through the hole in the caster and then around the bottom of the leg.
SS ties are not necessary. You could use any old zip tie. SS just blends better and I already had them.
They're like $5 for a pack of 25 at Harbor Freight. Could not find them on their website.
There's probably a better strapping strategy, but I did all my mods in an afternoon and this was the last one.

20130428_182842casters.jpg

20130428_182842castersClose.jpg

Well , I Learned something today.......I never knew there was such a thing as metal zip ties!

Back