Movers broke some pieces

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So I was able to inherit a very nice set of furniture from my sister. Sadly the movers were not careful and they broke some of these things and I don't know what they're called or where to find them. See the photos and let me know. Pulling my hair out on the web so I am down to like the last 3 or 4 strands :D
1607016202839.png1607016202839.png

I think the first thing I'd do is head down to the local hardware store with the aisle full of fasteners, to see if I could match it up. The Ace Hardware here in town has a pretty good array of oddball furniture fasteners & clips.

Yeah sad thing is all the real hardware stores here are gone. The last one where my Summit had come from went away back in 2005 or so. All I have left is Menards, Home Depot and Lowes. And I have been searching their stores online because I don't want to be wasting gas running around. If I knew what they were called it would help

Sometimes, living out in the sticks is a good thing. A town of maybe 4,500 people still has 2 hardware stores, the 3rd closed down a couple of years ago after the better part of a century in business.

So, what are we looking at? I don't see a seam beyond that gizmo, is it just a spring clamp of some sort?

It's a plastic piece that simply goes over the top of the drawer frame and is used as a "slide" or a "glide". But, when I search for those terms I get anything but this. I am sure someone who makes furniture would know exactly what they're called. I am sure if I knew that I could likely find them somehow

Give me an excuse to go wander the aisle..... How thick is the wood that it's clipped over? 1/4"? 1/2"? Looks like it'd be about 3-4x thickness for length.

You got a side view? Does the furniture have a manufacture label? If so you could try contacting them.

Therein lies the rub. Downtown Rockford. I avoid downtown Rockford like the plague. Sorry, it just makes me nuts. I can't figure the streets out. Lived here 28 years and still cannot get around Rockford. Nothing makes sense.

I know what you mean but sometimes you gotta bite the bullet. Maybe at least give them a call? There's the Ace in Belvidere, too.

We always went to Bob's Hardware on 20th Street, but it closed a decade ago.

Larry, why not call the guys at Nicholson and see if they can receive an email with a picture?
You might just have to put in the big boy pants and brave downtown Rockford.
Gee, I don’t remember it being that difficult but, that was 20 years ago, I’m sure the expansion has made it simply terrible!😉

I know what you mean but sometimes you gotta bite the bullet. Maybe at least give them a call? There's the Ace in Belvidere, too.

We always went to Bob's Hardware on 20th Street, but it closed a decade ago.
I don't thank that ACE is there anymore either :( I'm sure I could find one if I just knew what the darn things were called LOL. That would be 90% of my battle

Well, nuts. Spent a bit wandering the aisles, and while I found a bunch of replacement furniture parts, nothing even vaguely resembled your pics.

If Google Maps is accurate it looks like a pretty easy drive to get there and back. My 82-year-old mother can make it to the county clerk's office without any trouble...
Well, nuts. Spent a bit wandering the aisles, and while I found a bunch of replacement furniture parts, nothing even vaguely resembled your pics.
I know it's not THAT difficult Brad. I can get in there and back. I just really dislike it. A LOT. I may give them a try. I am going to call my buddy in England though. He is a master woodworker/furniture maker. I think he could give Norm Abrams a run for his money. I will send him a photo on What'sApp
J thanks for wandering the aisles. Thanks to out useless guv it's not very hard to get in and out of some stores.

Back