Motorcycle Rally

Tom Hewitt

TVWBB Member
I have volunteered to cook for an oncoming bike rally. I will have about 80 people and will be serving pulled pork and they will get a sample (1/4 rack) of ribs. How many butts would you recommend that I purchase? I have 2 WSMs and will be cooking the ribs on 3 22" and 1 26" OTGs.

I will have to cook these ahead of time and transport them (35 min drive) to the campground to serve them for a 5pm welcome dinner. Do any of you have any recommendations on how to keep everything hot?

Thanks Don,

When I volunteered, I really didn't think that the group would grow so large. Nor did I realize that the campground did not have facilities that I could use, such as hot water for cleaning etc. So, I have to cook everything at home and truck it in. That is going to be one extremely busy weekend. The welcome dinner is on a Monday night. So all the side dishes etc will be made over the weekend and I will be smoking Sunday and Monday.

Do you think I can keep things hot if I put them in coolers?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Hewitt:

Do you think I can keep things hot if I put them in coolers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes. Coolers will keep quite warm for hours.

I do this for our annual Church picnic - prep pulled pork in advance, warm up in oven day of, store in coolers lined top and bottom with thick towels.

The Coleman Party Stacker is perfect for 9x13 pans - http://www.target.com/Coleman-...er-Red/dp/B002BMEBRS

Back