Mosquito control for yards.

Back in the 60s, our community used to fog the streets for mosquitoes, but I haven't seen one of those trucks in years. Generally speaking, skeeters don't bother us except for early morning or late in the day. Unless you're unlucky enough to live in a low lying area with lots of humidity.

The solution is actually quite simple. Invite me to your next outdoor event and I'll draw every mosquito from several square miles, thus leaving you and your guests completely untouched.;)

I don't know why but the little buggers always seem to zero in on me before everybody else!

We don't have skitters here, but growing up in the Chicago area I was a candy stick to the lousy buggers. What we have in the rainy season is fly's, they don't bite but annoying as hell. But I'll take those over the blood suckers any day.

Rich. On a plus note it also works on flies. When Summer came into full bloom I had to deal with flies, every time I opened the front or back door they got in. ( 4 or 5 )
But since we sprayed this, no flies hanging around the outside, and mid August is when they really get going around here.
I'm liking this stuff so far!
Tim

I remember seeing on one of those PBS green guys garden shows that if you mix lemon dish soap and use the hose sprayer it reduces the bugs I think i even used it once it helped a lot , i did the most of my back yard.

The solution is actually quite simple. Invite me to your next outdoor event and I'll draw every mosquito from several square miles, thus leaving you and your guests completely untouched.;)
Back in pre-historic times when I was playing Little League we had old time uniforms where the pants came to just under the knee and you wore stirrup leggings over sweat socks. One particular game on a hot, muggy night the mosquitoes were out in force. Deep Woods Off barely slowed them down. The next day I counted 175 mosquito bites on my right leg between my knee and my ankle. On the left leg I lost count somewhere north of 200. So I feel your pain.

Back