More Tri Tip...

Rob C

TVWBB Member
Well guys, seems like I need to change it up, but here is the latest tri tip. I love having this on tap for sandwiches. We had my sister and brother in law here last week from Washington DC, and he is really new to BBQ. He just got a 18.5" Weber and so he was excited to hang out and see how I do things. Well, between him and my brother they ate all my tri tip and burgers before I had a chance to photograph them.

Now that they all went home, I made myself some sandwich meat for the week... Plus I got a DSLR for father's day so I have to do something with it ;)

Seasoned and waiting
9264271874_6ef74a74af_b.jpg

This time I lit half a chimney for the cook, and added a second half to the left basket at the end for the reverse sear.
9264272522_4ddf82f5b4_b.jpg

Starting the sear at about 118 Degrees.
9261497479_bcc074caec_b.jpg

Just about to go to the refrigerator
9264274254_0cf308e8e1_b.jpg

This morning before the meat slicer
9261498541_e55de785de_b.jpg

First time I used this slicer!
9264275202_fa416c54f4_b.jpg

Happiness
9261499795_7fbacb16d9_b.jpg

You have some great lookin sandwich meat there or would make a killer snack with a little salt. Good job

Very nice! I love tri-tips, especially when served cold, thinly sliced, in a sandwich. Make sure you slice them across the grain.

Thanks guys. Ill be making myself another sandwich for dinner since I am escaping Chuck E. Cheese's tonight to get some proposals done...

The slicer is pretty awesome, my buddy buys and sells on eBay and picked it up at a thrift shop for $5. Its a nice slicer, Krups or Broan or something... I don't want to get up.... Made all the difference cutting the cold meat the next day. My friend uses them to cut frozen eye-of-round to make jerky.

Thanks, Bob. I got a Canon T3i with the 18-55 kit lens. Since then Ive gone a bit crazy and purchased filters, a bag, 55-250 lens, 50MM lens, batteries.... blah blah blah. Still getting good with it, but so far the best photos I have taken, and the fewest percentage of bad photos of any camera I have had.

Hey Jim, Yes I did. I generally only cut what my family is going to eat that night, and then the next day after its cold it is so much easier to cut I can get the slices thin and even easier.

Then I saw a show (I think DDD) where they cooked it, put it into the fridge, and then sliced it the next day. I thought how I would like to do that but vultures that live with me wouldn't allow such nonsense. When they were gone for the night I gave it a try - and I like it! My sandwiches bite through as if I purchased the roast beef at the deli. I think Ill start cooking an extra tri tip a couple times a month for my personal sandwich stash.

Back