Modifying a 22.5" OTG Kettle Adding a Table

R. Hutchins

TVWBB Fan
I've been meaning to ask this for some time.

Has anyone modified their kettle to add a table sort of like the one on the charcoal performer?

If so, I'd appreciate pics, URLs or anything else you feel you can share.

TIA

Years ago I had the Weber side table accessory attached to my kettle. It was wooden cutting board
that sat in a steel holder clamped to the lip of the kettle. I think that they still make them? When I got
a Weber Genesis Gold D with 2 built in side tables many years ago, I just parked it next to the kettle
and had an easy access table with no building involved. I am just lazy I guess.

You should find a used Performer, less time and work than trying to build something better. Bet you can find a performer for less than the materials to build a side table.

You should find a used Performer, less time and work than trying to build something better. Bet you can find a performer for less than the materials to build a side table.

It's not the destination, it's the journey there!

I was all set to build a table for my OTS and just before I purchased the materials I found a like new platinum performer at an estate sale for $50 about half of what I estimated my material cost was going to be for the table. My OTS was only used twice an I sold it for a little more than the cost of the performer. They're out there if you're patient. Now I'm going to design and build something like the performer for my new Mini WSM. But as Tom S. said about building a table "It's not the destination, it's the journey there!" it isn't always about the money.

I was all set to build a table for my OTS and just before I purchased the materials I found a like new platinum performer at an estate sale for $50 about half of what I estimated my material cost was going to be for the table. My OTS was only used twice an I sold it for a little more than the cost of the performer. They're out there if you're patient. Now I'm going to design and build something like the performer for my new Mini WSM. But as Tom S. said about building a table "It's not the destination, it's the journey there!" it isn't always about the money.

Been there done that! It's fun.

DSC01726_zpsa5028549.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back