Modified Monster Ribs with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, folks i guess its been almost 5 cooks without pics ...so i went to rite aid and bought a disposable camera took some pics and had them make me a CD so i could upload the pics and share with you

Well last week i made monster ribs, however the only complaint was to salty and to lil meat...so i figured this time.. no salt and.....i spoke to my butcher, actually pops did and got FLANKEN style ribs.....meat chart check out here if you dont know what im talking about...these "ribs" are usually cut width wise (against the bone, not up and down , with the bone) so you only get a row of one inch ribs with meat around it....so we told the butcher not to cut at all...hence you see in pics the slabs of ribs with tons of meat......

from the pics you will see 4 slabs of ribs with meat on them...you will see my WSM mods made, with the help of you guys, cotton towels to stop the leaking as well as a towel rack i found to lay the guru on so it dont get dirty...my mom is remodeling our kitchen and extending so our backyard is just dirt now and rocks.....oh i also had to put towels around the lid as well....then it held its temp for a good six hours no prob....

i rubbed with yum yum......put them in for 6 hours at 225..stable to entire way....i prob should haved cookd them for another hour or so...the meat was at 140-145-150.. i like it that way but for the mass it could have used another hour .. here are the links of the pics.....enjoy them...and oh ya ...theres my youngest getting a bath in the sink after she chowed down some ribs.......

MOrds Pics

let me know what ya think...this is my first time posting pics.. hope this works....(oh ya dont even thinking about asking the price-hehe)

almost forgot.. i used four nice size chunks of cherry wood......

Beautiful, just beautiful. Oh, and a fine looking child.

Note to self, further investigation is warranted regarding "Flanken" style ribs.

thank you chet...my father was actually the one who brought the flanken idea to the table...not bad......def gonna do those again....have a great weekend

and i wont be back on here until after sundown sat night.. so take care and enjoy those pics of meat......
later

For the love of BBQ Mords, get out of the sink!!

I thought my ribs looked big...brother, you got me beat by a mile and then some. Everything looked great and nice action shots of the guru!

Mords, You finally did it Buddy
icon_rolleyes.gif
. Nice pics of those Bronto Ribs. The last pic is priceless. Take care Bryan

Thanks guys.....ya the lil one is a cutie pie...she loves the sink!....neways...glad you enjoyed the pics.. it was about time i shared some with ya....take care and have a great week...

Thanks dale, nick...i thought it was time for me to give ya some pics.........if your gonna do monster ribs try these guys...so much more meat here....and the yum yum seasoning is really good....its got a nice kick...not to cold not to hot ..just right.....
good day

Hey, Mords, where in Queens are ya? My relatives are pretty much all in Maspeth (which is why we're hiding out down here in the DC area).

Ive done one cook with those ribs before and they are without a doubt worth the search. Huge and full of meat. They were a huge hit with the wife...just gotta have patience and let them go..they take a while. One good thing is that there is so much meat on them you can actually put a temp probe in them.

ya actually i didt think of puttin a probe in them.. there was def space for them... i only temped them when they came out.. i should have cooked them for 7-8 hours as apposed to 6 ....

and susan i live in the flushing area....kew garden hills area...its about a 7-10 min drive to maspeth... on the LIE is only 3 exits....hey do they wanna come over for a shabbos meal?
icon_smile.gif

take care

Mords:
Man those pics look great...BTW...I have not seen beef ribs with that much meat on them. That seems to be the best method to get a sufficient amount of meat. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back