Modified: Mildo's: 6 Chicken Thighs B/S ++ (and lessons learned)

Brian Dahl

TVWBB Gold Member
I got such a kick out of Mildo's post, I've been wanting to make it since I first read it. So, for Father's Day, I made it. Of course, I had to mix it up some. 6 thighs, boned and skinned, layered with S & P, fresh garlic slices, sage, rosemary and oregano.

next, a layer of Italian Sausage

"rolled" and tied

also going on the grill: a roasted vegetable log

running at about

for two hours. I should have pulled it here

and not here

Cindy made a nice big salad, all from the garden

I didn't temp it until it was overdue, so that is my 1st lesson for the evening: start temping earlier, Brian. I used a half chimney of KB, with two chunks of apple. And I'm now guessing (since I didn't temp earlier [repetition is good for me]) it could have come off at least 30 - 45 minuets earlier.

My 2nd lesson is I need to take pics of the star on a not so crowded plate. There are three slices in the above photo.

It still however, tasted very good, just a little dry. Will I eat the leftovers at work today? Why yes, yes I will. Thank You Mildo for the inspiration, and thanks all for stopping by. I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day.

Well played! I showed Mildo's post to my wife and she suggested some provolone, spinach and sundried tomato....hoping to provide a similar post in the coming weeks! (maybe if it gets enough variations it will need its own forum! :p).

Nice job with this variation!

Don't worry about overdone chicken...its just dinner!:p
Seriously, great looking stuffed chicken roll.

Back