Mini splits??

Jeff R

TVWBB Pro
Thinking about ordering some peach wood and was wondering if anyone has used mini sits in the WSM instead of chunks? It so, do you like them?

peach is amazing. mix it with cherry wood and you'll never go back.

that said, i researched this a few months ago and determined that chunks seemed better for the wsm

Yes, peach is good wood, but not necessarily any better than apple. I've never used anything larger than fist-sized chunks in the wsm.

Originally posted by TroyRedington:
peach is amazing. mix it with cherry wood and you'll never go back.

This could be interesting as I never thought I would use anything but pecan. Love that stuff.

Mini-splits are really good for patio sized off-sets but they will be a little too much for a WSM..even the 22.5. Your best bet is fist sized chunks. I have split my mini-splits in half because I have a big stock of apricot but no apricot chunks and the mini-split cut in half works well but I only use the one split half otherwise it is just too much smoke........

Peach wood is a great smoking wood, I know Myron made it popular on the pitmaster series but I have used it for years...for a great flavor mix it with some white oak..........

Back