Mini propane WSM

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Guru
That looks quite awesome. I never had a gas smoker, but using those smoker boxes I have only been able to get up to 40 minutes out of them. Would putting a bunch of chips in the "water bowl" in the picture not work better and hold more than the little box? The rotisserie is definitely the icing on the cake! I would think you can also use this as a gas ignition (aka Performer) for traditional coal and wood fire if you want?

Sean Gambrell

Thanks. This is my first gasser as well. I will say I can get 4 hrs of flavor from that little box if you place it in the right area. Thin blue smoke. The trick is not place it directly on the burner. Even after the tbs subsides, you can still smell the aroma from the chips throughout the whole cook. Usually the chips on the outside aren't completely used up. Here is a pic after some testing yesterday. 20211228_110134.jpg
That looks quite awesome. I never had a gas smoker, but using those smoker boxes I have only been able to get up to 40 minutes out of them. Would putting a bunch of chips in the "water bowl" in the picture not work better and hold more than the little box? The rotisserie is definitely the icing on the cake! I would think you can also use this as a gas ignition (aka Performer) for traditional coal and wood fire if you want?

Last edited:

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Guru
Please explain your cooking setup. Are you using gas and charcoal? If so in the pan or on the grate? This confuses me.