Mini Chimney ROCKS

Joanne Macek

TVWBB Member
I'm in love. I run an automatic control system (Stoker) and only need to light about 10 briquettes in order to get my smoker lit. Lighting so few was a problem in the big Weber chimney. Just as the hubby and I were brainstorming how we could put a coffee can with holes cut in it inside the big chimney, we found the new Weber mini chimney. I immediately placed the order. OMG, it's PERFECT. I can light just a couple briquettes and they light wonderfully. When my "clicker" stopped working in the middle of a comp, I put the little guy right on top of my butane stove and whoosh, I had lit charcoal. Love, love, love the little guy!

Joanne

Last edited:
Agreed - again! I use mine all the time to fire up my jumbo joe (full load) and to fire up 10 or so briquettes to fire up the mini WSM.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been considering grabbing one since I'm always using the minion method in my WSM or Mini and the big chimney is a bit cumbersome when only lighting a few briqs.

I wouldn't call it a "big store" but I have seen them at Ace Hardware which is nationwide I think...

I use mine for the mini for which its perfect. May I recommend to those interested to order it thru Amazon with the link above to give Chris a nod on the purchase.

I agree. It rocks. I got one as a Christmas present and absolutely love it. I use it much more than I thought I would. It is perfect for starting both the mini and my 18.5 WSM using the Minion method as well as doing a "hot refuel" for both. Another use I have for it is for lighting lump to use in my CG Akorn. I find that if I hand pick some larger pieces and get them going with the gas from my Performer and then dump them in the kamado, I can get it up to temp quicker than using the volcano method with cubes.

Does the mini hold half as much as the regular size chimney? Trying to get a comparison.

I saw it up here the other day for the first time, at an authorized Weber dealer. I liked it but did not buy one. I just may change my mind on that.

Does the mini hold half as much as the regular size chimney? Trying to get a comparison.

Went back on Saturday and bought the Mini.
I'd say about half Neil.
It's all I need as most often I never pour a full chimney of lit. Much lighter and smaller, easier to work with. I think my big chimney just got retired.

Went back on Saturday and bought the Mini.
I'd say about half Neil.
It's all I need as most often I never pour a full chimney of lit. Much lighter and smaller, easier to work with. I think my big chimney just got retired.

Thanks Gary. Just ordered.

I've used mine once and liked it for Minion. My neighbor saw it and immediately got one too.

You can live w/o it, but for $13 or so it is a nice convenience.

I found one downside to the little chimney - because the metal is thinner than the standard chimney, it is easier to bend. I accidentally knocked the little guy off my gas grill table and it must have hit just right because it practically collapsed. I got it bent back into shape and it still works fine.

I realize this was my fault - but just an observation.

thought i'd buy one this past weekend at HD while picking up double bags of Kingsford (HD sells them on-line for 10 bucks) but the store had none.
the sales"Guy" tried to persuade me into a cheap black-paint piece of sh...ould be nothing but trash after 20 to 50 uses...

i'll keep lookin'....

I've yet to see one in HD or Lowes, and they are starting to close out BBQ items for the season. May have to order from Amazon or wait till next year if you want one.

My full sized chimney is now permanently retired. The smaller one is all I need for my lighting methods.

thought i'd buy one this past weekend at HD while picking up double bags of Kingsford (HD sells them on-line for 10 bucks) but the store had none.
the sales"Guy" tried to persuade me into a cheap black-paint piece of sh...ould be nothing but trash after 20 to 50 uses...

i'll keep lookin'....

I bought a cheap one from Target once and the handle fell off after 3 uses!Srewed it back together and gave it to my friend.

i'll keep lookin'....
Jim I did the exact same thing couple weeks ago. Showed it available online. Showed the aisle number and everything. Got there and the guy said just because it shows online doesn't necessarily mean they have them. (??????) Okkkkk.
So I just ordered online and picked up at the store.

Back