Michael P in Wyoming

Hello. I've been a member here since 9/16,but I've really just been lurking. I look at alot of other BBQ sites as well such as Amazing Ribs. I am from WY, but am stuck in KS right now and not the BBQ side. I'm out west. I have several assorted Weber grills including kettles. I've traveled to many of the well known BBQ joints such as those in TX and KC. I own a fair number of better books on the subject of BBQ. My Que isn't that great yet, but I've paid money for worse. I have some questions so I thought I had better introduce myself, so Howdy!

Howdy back at you Michael!
Welcome aboard!

I like this line:
"My Que isn't that great yet, but I've paid money for worse."
I think many of us felt this way, and many of us still do, myself included in the latter.

Questions About Rules

I've been looking for section on rules, but I didn't see one. If there is one, you can point me to it. One reason I have for asking is I have a NIB Weber item I want to sell. I bought it this June. I know some forums don't allow selling until you have a minimum number of posts. I know I'm going to take a big hit on it. I came out to the Hays, KS area for a job that fell through. I would like to go back to where I from, Gillette WY, but am short of cash. I'll probably post it on Craigslist. You can move this post if it should be in a different place. If it is allowed, I'll ask for advice on selling it and what a fair asking price would be.

I don't think there is a minimum # of posts before listing something. There is a buy, sell and trade section. A lot of the members monitor CL, myself included, and if we see a good deal on a Weber we usually post the link on here.

Thanks Pat

Yea, I saw the sale thread, but I didn't know about posting it because some forums get pretty upset with new members selling things. I'll probably have to try selling it locally or perhaps on eBay because of shipping costs. It weighs 68 lbs. I don't think people out here know much about smoking or barbecuing. What they do to meat should be illegal.

Welcome to the forum Michael. You will love it here as everyone if very friendly and we like to help each other. After all, that is how we all learn. This forum has definitely made me a better cook. Thanks to many members here I have upped my skill level very much and still have a long way to go. Go ahead and post that part and hopefully it will sell soon. Good Luck.

Well, it doesn't look like I'll be doing any BBQing for awhile. I've cleaned up my grills and have hem in storage for now. It took alot of hours cleaning Weber and Cajun Bandit stuff.

Welcome Michael and hope your Weber's wont have to be in storage for long. Good luck on selling your NIB Weber part.

Back