Micah's Country Eggs

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
For you young ones, the actor, Paul Fix played the part of Marshal Micah Torrance in "The Rifleman" from 1958 to 1963, and also performed in numerous western films with legends like his friend JOHN WAYNE, who also enjoyed this recipe.

Micah's Country Eggs

1 TB. butter
3/4 to 1 cup light cream or half and half
4 eggs
2 TB. crushed cornflakes (optional)
4 slices hot, buttered sourdough toast
salt and pepper to taste
Paprika

Melt butter in a skillet. Add cream and heat until just bubbling. Break eggs carefully into a small dish and then slip them into the hot milk. Cook over low heat until the whites are firm around the edges. Sprinkle with cornflakes. Cover and cook to desired doneness. Arrange eggs on the toast with the cream, which should have thickened somewhat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. This is great served with sausage. Makes 4 servings.

Source: Marilyn Carey - Paul Fix's daughter

Last edited:
Marilyn Carey was wife to Harry Carey one of John Wayne’s often sidemen in the “John Ford acting company”.
I, obviously, am NOT a youngster!
😉

Well Tim, 160 viewers so far, and it looks like you and I are the only ones that remember "The Rifleman"

Interesting.....

I'd suspect that the crushed cornflakes really aren't optional, they'll definitely add a different texture to the finished dish. Might have to make this for lunch some time.

Looks like the other old f**t's are finally fessing up. lol

(anyone remember listening to my favorite, The Shadow?)

Back