Message to the lurkers... *****

Gotta add another warm welcome, Mickey. But did you put anything in the required "newbie intro" thread?
icon_biggrin.gif

Rich

I tend to lurk myself, and mostly it's because this forum moves pretty quick. By the time I find a topic that I can actually give advice on, everything I have to say has already been said, so I personally feel no need to jump in and say "I agree with what he said". There's nothing wrong with it, just not my style. That's not always the case, and I give advice when I can and it's not repeat info on that thread.

Done, Rich. Thanks for reminding me - I overlooked that after this "lurker" discussion got going.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mickey:
Done, Rich. Thanks for reminding me - I overlooked that after this "lurker" discussion got going. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yer welcome, sir! Careful, this really can be habit forming. I find it's hard to get on with my day if I haven't looked for the latest advice or inspiration or just stuck my nose in where it isn't needed.

Rich

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Careful, this really can be habit forming. I find it's hard to get on with my day if I haven't looked for the latest advice or inspiration or just stuck my nose in where it isn't needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Think Rich took the words right outta my big mouth
icon_biggrin.gif

I seem to overlook many posts after my initial comments or tend to forget there are other forums on this board besides Barbecuing, Grilling and Photo Gallery.

Mickey, thank you for those very nice words, I do appreciate that. And welcome to the Greatest outdoor cooking forums on the internet.
You're gonna love it here
smiley-signs046.gif

We all must remember, newbies are our future. The better we teach them, the more help they will be as future newbies come. Knowledge is power and we want all of our members to be powerful.

*saxed But so True*

A lot of other forums I've seen (bbq or otherwise) are very unfriendly... like it's a competition to see who's right or to agree on the one and only right way of doing things.

By far, this is the best site I've ever seen. Everyone is very friendly and very helpful.

Welcome aboard Mark... as you problaby already know... This is the finest outdoor cooking website on Planet Earth!
Quite possibly, the entire Universe.
Enjoy your stay
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I completely agree. This is the best grilling website ever, with the most polite and helpful members of any forum I've been on. I have to echo Chis W.'s point earlier...I lurk all the time when I don't think I can contribute much to whatever the topic is. With so many experts, I haven't posted much, but I'll start posting pics of my upcoming cooks.

I would agree. Don't be intimidated, jump right in and ask a ton of questions. That's the only way you're going to learn... and the only way we're going to learn as well! Everyone is great on this site and I check it at least 1-2 times per day. I've learned so much!

There is nothing wrong with lurking. As Chris pointed out the majority are lurkers. Myself I just like to read and learn. Anything that I can personally add is already added by one of the regular posters. Lurkers still learn.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back