Memorial weekend cooking

Unfortunately I won't have my WSM with me at my parent's lake cabin this weekend, but I'm planning on Roadside Chicken one night, and a heavily spiced pork tenderloin the next. Maybe I'll fire up the smoker when I get home Monday . . .

So, what are you cooking?

Bill

PS Hope you all have a great holiday weekend and safe travels.

My local "porkmonger" is running spares for .99/lb and baby abcks for$2.99/lb. Probably bbs as it's just me and my wife. Spares in the freezer for later!!

I am planning on smoked thighs for monday with all the usual side dishes. As far as sat. and sun. just cooking up my appetite for the 2 day roc city rib fest with sunday being the kcbs sanctioned event.

I'm going to make a meatloaf on the WSM tomorrow. I'm thinking ribeyes on the Performer on Memorial Day.

I'm going to try a high heat pork butt tomorrow for smoke day, then probably burgers and dogs on the kettle for Monday. Along with the A&W coney sauce from Stogies web site.

Butt goes on tonight. Baby backs in the morning. I was going to do a flat, but our gathering this weekend will be smaller than originally expected. I'll save that, and the other butt I bought for later.

BB's and Beef Ribs, some ABT's, and a new creation/adaptation that I will report on after the fact (in case it doesn't work out like I want it to)

I'll be doing spares & 2 whole chickens on the WSM.

Along with a couple new variations of burgers, kielbasa and dogs on the One Touch and/or Spirit!

Happy Memorial Day weekend to you all!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Doing four butts for a birthday party on Monday morning. Then if I'm lucky I'll be hitting the rib cookoff in Cleveland that afternoon/evening.

9 racks of BB's in the 22 tomm and 25 or so chicken legs and breasts in the 18. With that amount of BB's, it seems like it will take longer to get up to temp, but when I do should the cook time take any longer?

Rib roast on Saturday. Bought one when they went on sale for Easter, took it out of the freezer a couple days ago, I can't wait!!

Steve

Already prepped 6 racks of ribs, currently chilling in the fridge. Also thinking about tossing on some wings as an appetizer.

Back