Med-Heat Brisket Cook

Glad you enjoyed it, it's definitly my favorite . . . for now. I was curious, how was the bark on your brisket.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryR:
I was curious, how was the bark on your brisket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The bark, if you could even call it that, was extremely soft.

I did very little trimming of the brisket, and I did it high heat. With the lack of trimming, high heat method, there was an amazing amount of juices in my faux foil dripping catcher as well as the foil the brisket was in.

I'm going to try this again very soon, but I'll do a tried and true low and slow and try to get some good smokey bark.

Ideally, I'd do 13lb packer low and slow. Remove the point and throw it back in for burnt ends. I'd imagine the flavor of the paste/rub and the bark would be out of this world.

Liked this one so much I'm doing it again tomorrow a.m. Just got done rubbing her and can't get over how great this rub smells.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Liked this one so much I'm doing it again tomorrow a.m. Just got done rubbing her and can't get over how great this rub smells. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same recipe? any mods?

Jeremy, if you wanted to tighten the bark up ,throw the back on the the smoker without the foil and add some more smoke wood. You'd probably have to pull it out of the foil a little earlier than normal to allow for the additional time uncovered on the smoker.

Yes, per one of Kevin K's coffee rubs I added fresh ground black pepper, cinnamon, ancho chili powder in stead of paprika. I don't claim go be a rub guru, just added these as I like all of them. Oh, I cut down the oil to 1/8 a cup. Probably too little but we'll see.

Just put her on over some pecan. As I've said before, nothing like the smell of smoke wood and enjoying your coffee in early hours of the morning. All I need now is a dog.

Back