Meat probe Thermometer

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079DRC97N/?tag=tvwb-20
Over 13,000 reviews and under $20 dollars , good bang for your buck and this has a very quick 2-3 second temperature response time .

I didn't even click on your link but that's the way I went when I first bought 2 of them over 2 years ago. They're both working fine today. These are in addition to my 4-probe ThermoPro kits. Saved a lot of money to splurge elsewhere on other grill accessories.

Nice sale on ThermoPop right now, 35% off, only $22.75.

I've got a Thermopen One and and a Classic. I've had others brands that have broken on me but the Classic has seen some abuse and it's at least 6 years old if not a few years older than that (might be 8, time flies...) It's that "Buy the best and cry once" thing. But just getting something to get into the hobby is easier than it's ever been. When I got my first Maverick leave in thermometer you either got it online and in my case a BBQ specially shop. You can get stuff like that at Walmart now or at least Home Depot or Academy. It might not be the best, but you can get something useable like a Taylor. The Thermopen really comes into it's own more when cooking something hot and fast like a steak. For larger barbecue cuts a slower reading thermometer will work okay.

I've tired of buying Thermoworks and having them last only a few years before problems develop. The one I bought last November is Kuluner (yeah, looks just like the Kizen above) for $16.95. Fast and accurate and have no problems yet.

I also just replaced my 10+ year old Maverick wireless remote thermometer with this one. So far, only tested all probes and ports to be sure it functions, but fit and finish is good. We'll see about the rest soon (and hopefully much later -- but far less expensive than most.

Back