Meat Grinders - Anyone have Cabela's or Lem 3/4 HP?

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
So, what is a guy to do when he's locked down in the house during a global pandemic? Well, grind meat of course! :)

Sadly, I was mentally prepared to do just that today, when I remembered that the last time I used my small, countertop grinder......it died <insert moment of silence>. The little guy served me well, but I'd like to step up to a #12 size grinder, and I have narrowed it down to the Cabela's Carnivore or the LEM Big Bite. Both of these look to be solid units with metal gears, etc. Since there's only so much you can tell from a spec sheet, I thought I'd ask if anyone has experience with either of these two grinders.

My brother has the Cabela's grinder, and has been very happy. So, there's one vote there......

Conveniently, my birthday is coming up, so either my wife will get me a grinder, or I will get me a grinder. Either way, I win! :)

Thanks for any insight into these two units y'all might have!

R

I've have a Cabelas 1/4 Hp. #8 I'm guessing 15 years. ground lots of deer never let me down.

The LEM big bite does work well and the new models have dual grind mode that looks interesting. We have a #8 LEM that has served us well.

Thanks, Jim. Appreciate the input! Everything I've read says both of these are well made, and have lots of happy users. I'm leaning toward Cabela's right now because my brother has one, and his experience has been great. Today is decision day, so we'll see. :)

R

Back