Mayday! Mayday!

Eric Lee

TVWBB Member
Oh man, I ordered that stainless steel access door and now I can't get the handle put back together. Is there some trick I missed? thanks

Also I did get it to stay together once but it won't stay on the smoker, it falls right off it's the Cajun Bandit. Thanks

I had similar problems. Initially when I removed the knob I dropped and lost the wavy washer that goes on the outside of the door.That was causing problems, but also it is very easy to over tighten the screw and strip out the little brass insert in the actual knob. I called Weber and got a new door assembly sent to me. I made sure I hung on to all of the parts this time, but again overtightened the screw and stripped the insert.

I fixed it by squirting a little Gorilla Glue into the hole and replacing the insert and letting it sit for a day. I just re-attached the knob to my Cajun Bandit door and all is right with the world.

Hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I found a screw that fit well but way too long. What should I do </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
cut it to size.

I'm wondering, I notice that whether the handle is on the old door or the new door, the piece that turns with the handle inside isn't tall enough to catch the inside of the smoker to hold. Is this right?

That can't be right. The catch shouldn't be higher than the door. And since the door is taller than the opening on the center barrel it should still catch.

Back