Maverick Wireless Thermometer

AlanWhitehurst

I have been succesfully using a few wired units that I bought from Lowes. I just had one quit on me so I figured I would look into a nicer model. I will eventually get the cyberq but i dont feel like dropping that much cash. I am considering the Maverick so I can go in the house and watch some TV or nap for overnight smokes. I found this model on Amazon but want to get some feedback from everyone before buying a unit. Below is the model I was looking at, but please feel free to give me any other options.

thanks

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004SZ10/?tag=TVWB-20

Alan,

Can't comment on the ET-7, never used one. I did purchase the ET-732, based on recommendations from folks on this site, and I love it. Think Amazon has them for $59.99. It is accurate and the remote is very handy when you have to be away from the smoker/grill. Also has alarms for food and cooker temps.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004IMA718/?tag=TVWB-20

Scotty W.

I have to echo Scotty's comments also. I have never used the ET-7 but I think you would be much happier with the ET-732. I think the 732 has a lot more range allowing you to go anywhere in and around most houses without losing signal. I have an ET-732 and have had no problems with it and in fact love using it. Good Luck

I've only used the 732. Kept losing signal (30' away!).

Cure-->change the batteries it comes with for good ones.

It's never lost the signal on me now and it's good for 300'.

It's my choice :D

Ditto the 732, though I've only just starting using it, but good for first go. Fairly easy to use if one reads the instructions;)....................d

I've got the 73, which I think is identical to the 732 except for range. I used mine without issue on range, although my house is fairly close to the grill.

Daum

I've had had the 732 for over a year now and like it, but I've also have had 2 grate probes go bad as well, never cooking over 350 on a rated 500 degree probe, Mavs customer service has replaced them both times, by the way they were the 3 ft lengths I'm now using the 6ft lengths that Mav sent as a replacement, If these fail I may have to look at something different.

I have three ET7's, they all work fine for me. I did ruin a set of probes years ago by soaking them in water to clean them. Obviously, that was my fault and not Mavericks.

Back