Maverick shelf

Being a carpenter, I am sure you can come up a product that would look way better. I wasn't sure if the heat would be an issue until I got my smoker delivered. I built this a few days before while waiting and didn't want to spend a lot of money. Will look into the magnets you suggested.

I've been hanging my Maveric using the metal clip it came with. The trick is you need to slide the lid toward the Maverick to pinch the clip between the lid and the lip, which allows the maveric not to touch the WSM body. I'll take a pic next time I use it.

I like your shelf idea. I use a post and hang it on a nail. During wet wx, I put it on top and add a jug with the bottom cut out.

Last edited:
I've just been hanging mine on the door handle. It works beautifully (hangs away from the WSM). However, if it starts raining, I might lose my transmitter (???).

I really like the "jug on a post", Dwain. With your permission, I just may have to copy that one. That looks really practical.

I'm working with a contractor to build a paver patio and as soon as that is finished, I believe it'll get a new addition - the POST!:wsm:

Dale53

I've just been hanging mine on the door handle. It works beautifully (hangs away from the WSM). However, if it starts raining, I might luose my transmitter (???).

I really like the "jug on a post", Dwain. With your permission, I just may have to copy that one. That looks really practical.

I'm working with a contractor to build a paver patio and as soon as that is finished, I believe it'll get a new addition - the POST!:wsm:

Dale53

Copy away my friend. Hope to see you get plenty of use from it.

Back