Maverick ET732 loses signal more often

Mike Arnold

I have had the same Maverick ET732 for almost 7 years. I noticed that it loses signal a lot more often than it used to. Also noticed that the temperature difference between the WSM dome than the Maverick is greater than it used to be. The Maverick is showing 30-40 degrees hotter than the dome. I don’t remember the difference being that drastic. I have the WSM 22, water in the pan, BBQ probe on top rack, temperature in high 70’s, if that means anything. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I recently put in fresh batteries in both units too.

I just had problems with my ET732 yesterday also. I had 3 racks of StL ribs on and I started getting a LLL error on the grate sensor reading. I changed the batteries in both the base and receiver units. It started showing some very erratic readings at first then started getting the LLL or HHH errors again. So I just ordered a 2-pac of new probes for $25 off of Amazon today. When reading reviews for the probes they are pretty fragile, and sensitive to any moisture at all. It's very common for them to just quit working.

Probes are the weak point on those units. I still have a ET-732 as a backup to my smoke. I don't know about the loss of signal. I haven't experience that. Maybe it's getting old. Mine is probably older than that but doesn't get much use.

I have four Mavericks two of which are new in the box. My daily driver is about 6-7 years old and has been perfect except for a couple of probes although my barbeque probe is the original. The one I use gets used a lot. It seems to be accurate, on my Camp Chef it is within 5-6 degrees of the Camp Chefs temperature. Every once in awhile I'll get a loss of signal but it usually comes back on it's own in a few seconds.
I know why four of them, well two were gifted to me and the two new ones I picked up at a yard sale for $5.00 for both. how could I say no. ;)

I had a Maverick for several years. Started to incorrectly report temps and drop signals.
Bought the Smoke and never looked back. Sooo much easier to connect, set up alarms, etc.

Back