Maui Steaks (my own recipe)

Curtis M

TVWBB Fan
Decided it do a Maui Marinade for some steaks tonight...

Super simple and came out awesome! Had the 22" Weber Kettle set up for indirect and put the steaks on for about 20 minutes or so until I hit an internal temperature of 125. Then, flipped them onto the hot side of the grill for 60 to 90 seconds, flipping 3 times to give me the cross marks and a decent sear. Steaks were pulled with an internal 140 and rested for 5 minutes...

I then sliced them into 1/4 inch strips and served 'em. My wife said these are now her favorite!

IMG_0666_zpsf95613a8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Marinade was as follows; makes a cup
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons minced garlic
salt and pepper to (I used about a tablespoon of kosher salt and 8 or 9 turns on the pepper grinder - I also added a pinch on Kosher Salt to the steak when I placed them on the grill)

Steaks were put in a seal-able container for around 4 hours.

CM

Curtis, your Maui Steaks look very good and the recipe is interesting too. I will have
to try some of these, and might just add some pineapple juice to the mix.

Curtis, your Maui Steaks look very good and the recipe is interesting too. I will have
to try some of these, and might just add some pineapple juice to the mix.

Pineapple juice?!? Damn! Great idea! I'd say maybe a 1/4 like the others... That'd be tasty! Especially on some pork!

I commend you on not using pineapple of any sort and then calling it maui. your recipe is more in line with the true island style.

Steaks look and sound excellent, I have to agree with George on the pineapple, it is rarely ever used here in cooking, however after saying that, I'm a transplanted Californian and I would definitely add some pineapple juice to the mix!

Karl

I think Pineapple would be great to add to this, but NOT call it Maui... I would need to come up with another name. I am also not sure how it would go with beef... Pork, maybe, but not beef...

CM

Those look great Curtis! I know what Barb and I are having for dinner tonight.

Well it wasn’t that night but about two weeks later we tried your recipe with a top sirloin and Barb and I both loved it and will be using it often. Thanks for sharing it Curtis

Well it wasn’t that night but about two weeks later we tried your recipe with a top sirloin and Barb and I both loved it and will be using it often. Thanks for sharing it Curtis

Good to hear... I have made it a number of times now. Done it for steaks, Tri-tips, and Pork chops...

Glad you liked it!

CM

Back