Marlin steaks

S Riddell

TVWBB Super Fan
I haven't been eating the healthiest since I cut my hand so I decided that I wanted something healthy and different for dinner last night. So I stopped at the store on the way home and checked out the seafood counter. Salmon, cod, halibut....had all of them before, and I'm looking for something different...marlin steaks...hmmm....SOLD! I wasn't entirely sure how to cook them and I wanted to see what the fish really tasted like so I rubbed them with some olive oil and montreal steak spice.

Resting while waiting for the grill to heat up

After the flip

Plated with a quinoa wild rice mix and a spinach salad.

This was an easy meal to cook, which was important for me because I've still only got the use of one hand while my finger is healing, but most important it was very tasty! The marlin steaks were quite good and a very mild fish.

Thanks for looking!

Wow nice cook!
I caught a 300 lb Blue Marlin a few year's back, brought it into the boat, once those big dark eyes were looking at me....snapped a nice picture of it and slid it back into the ocean.
But I totally keep all the El Dorato, and Yellow Fin Tuna!

Can I ask which store you found these at in London? I work in London and would take the time to drop in and pick some of these up!

Nice looking steaks too!

Never tried marlin but I did get my first legal drink on in London Ontario at the ripe ol age of 19. Good looking fish.

Back